Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin 200 - STOLEN in Limerick

• 08-11-2009 5:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭

Hi all,
    I never expect to see it again, but if you're offered a shiny Garmin 200 GPS (incl. mounting but no cable) by some scumbag, please break his nose for me. Calling the cops would be appreciated too, but is optional.

It was stolen from my vehicle in lower Alphonsus St, Limerick about 5:30pm yesterday.

g :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

Sorry to hear that.
    Scumbags will always go for an easy grab, like a sat nav, that's why I never leave mine on display when I'm away from the car.

Did you have it registered with Garmin?
    They will have the unit ID number, and will be able to prevent anyone else from registering it to update the maps.
    Small consolation, I know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

+1 on the Garmin, they have a stolen unit document, I suggest you fill that in. No consolation but at least if they try to update it or register it they'll get a bold boy message.
    Been there, had a 250 stolen :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭godfrey

good idea lads, thanks.
    obviously I don't really mean to break anyone's nose (this post got deleted from another section because I'm calling for an assualt!).

thanks ~

g

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

Sorry to hear about this, Godfrey. Hopefully the little scumbag will swap it for a dirty needle.
    I usually take my Garmin out of the car at night. If I'm parked away from home somewhere, I always take it off the windscreen and put it out of sight in the car.
    Has anyone used the security lock on their's. I haven't used mine but it looks like you must use a pin number or an actual set of coordinates to activate it. Has anyone used these security features ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DannyBuoy

I have the security feature enabled in mine, it means I must put in the pin code when it powers up, but I dont mind. It means if some gob****e does take this one then its no good to them. If you forget the pin code then you goto a location that you have specified earlier and it unlocks automatically. But I am more careful with this one, I take it out just in case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

With most cars, there is a visable black circle that the sucker leaves on the windscreen: makes it easier for the scumbag to know which car to break into. Wiping this circle off prevents this.

Advertisement