Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for book - Lugs Branigan

Options
  • 08-11-2009 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for a book for my grandad for christmas. The Life and Times of Jim Branigan by Bernard Neary.
    (Neary, B. (1985). Lugs: The Life and Times of Jim Branigan. Dublin: Lenhar Publications.)

My grandad owned the book previously but lent it to somebody who never returned it :(
    I know that it is now out of print so I would be most grateful for any information on how to get a copy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭1968

From a quick search, it doesn't look like you can purchase the book anywhere online.

I'd suggest ringing up a few second hand bookshops in Dublin to see if they have it:

Chapters on Parnell St.

Naughton Booksellers in Dun Laoghaire.

Cathach Books on Duke St.

The Winding Stair Bookshop on Lower Ormond Quay.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Doing a search of university libraries I see that Trinity have a copy of it. If its unavailable to buy but you could as a temporary measure get it photocopied within Trinity

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Doing a search of university libraries I see that Trinity have a copy of it. If its unavailable to buy but you could as a temporary measure get it photocopied within Trinity

No you cant..its a breach of copyright to copy the entire book.
    Anyway it wouold cost a fortune!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

Degsy wrote: »
    No you cant..its a breach of copyright to copy the entire book.
    Anyway it wouold cost a fortune!
    Well I wont be doing that! What I want is a copy but it is good to know some copies are available in libraries for reference. :)

kerash wrote: »
    Well I wont be doing that! What I want is a copy but it is good to know some copies are available in libraries for reference. :)

You could try these guys..http://www.readireland.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

is he that scumbag brutal policeman? why would anyone want to read about him?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    My grandad is 78 so he'd remember Jim Branigan we all like to to read about times past especially older generations as times have changed so much.
    And also just to have the book as I say he let someone borrow it and it was never returned.

BraziliaNZ wrote: »

because he knew how to deal with scumbags by talking to them in a language they understood.
    If there were more cops like him around or that guy who ran amok at the reclaim the streets march.,people might have less contempt for gardai

Advertisement