Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crate for Flying Dog to UK

Options
  • 08-11-2009 5:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, does anyone know a good website to get a dog crate, i'm in Cork but i find things are cheaper over t'internet.

My mum was over this weekend and is going to take a puppy - but need to ship it over to her, she's in Yorkshire, the dog is going to be 10/11 weeks when it goes, a cross between German Shep/Newfoundland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭B'witched

I think you will have a problem finding an airline to fly a pup to the UK from here, unless you are going to use a private charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

You'll have no problem at all actually.

BMI are fantastic at bringing dogs from the UK. I used them a few years back and they took my dog last thing before boarding and took her off very soon after we landed. They were brilliant. I have a crate which I'd loan you but its probably too big for a puppy. Its for a medium sized dog. The english sites are great for buying that sort of thing anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

flights all booked, going over with Aer Aaran from Waterford to Manchester with the pooch and fly back same day to Cork - i feel like a jet setter now ;o) i'll probably buy a crate big enough for my mum to use for training her in - only thing is, can the crate be too big for the puppy to fly in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 turtle21

Yes a crate can be too big.In the event of turbulence the dog can be thrown around too much and hurt in a large crate.

Advertisement