Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 8 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

rofl

breffaldine:D

and just for anyone who missed it!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62931389&postcount=38

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Wow, Nicky from last year looks so stunning. Beautiful looking girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

walshb wrote: »
    Wow, Nicky from last year looks so stunning. Beautiful looking girl.
    Nice wig :eek:

Bond-007 wrote: »
    They really should not be using those self applied job titles.

There is no such thing as a company owner. And any gobsh*te can be a company director.

I think they are using some sort of job title randomizer tbh.

The knack "runs a successful business" according to Bill. He'll probably hire her on the basis that he can talk shyte with her all day long about how Moore St isnt what it used to be :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

I think any comment BO'C made about Ruth was fair game. She didn't appear on the show (and I know there was a contractual screw up but this has never happened in the UK version), and that messes up the dynamic of the show, bound to annoy the production team. Added to that was that vile bint Brenda Power. At least they showed some good clips.

• Advertisement

Lucinda (Courtesy of Heroditas for this one)

odo.jpg

Breffney sounds like...

enda-kenny.jpg

Aoifffffffffffffffffffe

thumb007.gif

Stephen

bosco.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,477 ✭✭✭Heroditas

Sizzler wrote: »
    WTF? He has 2 Renault garages and a hotel FFS ! Where did she think she was going to work exactly? Coca Cola? Google?:o

Don't forget the Eurpoa training college .... the college that trains eh, car forecourt salesmen and er, hotel maangers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

DKZ wrote: »
    Does anyone else feel they're getting picked off due to their entertainment value?

Yep...... this is x factor in another guise !!!!! They are turfing them off based on which of them makes good telly or not. By that reckoning, can RED STEPHEN last another week !!! Me thinks not. He is such a bore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

amdublin wrote: »
    What a hideous white coat!!!!

Deserved to be fired for that alone.

Deserved to be fired for being hideous herself

• Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Aldito

Sizzler wrote: »

bosco.jpg

That looks more like Gedaldine with the blusher to be honest...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Ahsurelookit

funsize wrote: »
    Ah, Monday.

I used to hate Mondays, but I can easily get through the day knowing my fix of Apprentice is coming up.

Whatever will I do when it's all over???

So sad but so true!! Mondays used to be great on the box but now The Apprentice is litterally the only decent thing on (apart from 10 mins of Sarah and Steve). Remember when Monday nights revolved around the new episodes of Friends... sigh... those were the days...

I think the show would be a little bit easier to watch if Aoiffffffe wore sunglasses throughout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

So sad but so true!! Mondays used to be great on the box but now The Apprentice is litterally the only decent thing on

And the Apprentice is only watchable because of this boards.ie thread...with Sam gone, the sale of Rotten Tomatoes plummeted, the two Steves are boring to watch, and even Aoife has calmed down somewhat in this episode---agree with the many posts saying tonight was worst episode...
    I think Lucinda is the dark horse and will be in the final-maybe with Brefney but that would only be for ratings- no way Bill will employ Brefney at this point-too many cock ups to make him a credible apprentice, but he's actually the only thing that's keeping the ratings up - pretty ironic..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 sim2

Heroditas wrote: »
    To be fair, we have:
    gym instructor
    recent graduate who spent his whole college time rowing
    a gym worker/stall worker
    a sales rep for what's essentially still a fixed line monopoly company
    a website updater for the above company
    a beauty counter sales rep
    a charity worker

Well English Steve is a Senior Business Development Manager
    Geraldine is an account manager for a beauty company
    Bosco Steve is an MD for a company which gives people personal physical training coming up to their wedding day
    Aoiffffffffe is a Marketing/Business Development Executive for Clerys department store in Dublin
    Ruth has a masters in marketing, her primary degree was in agriculture, she works for a charity to help young people
    Lucinda is a Telecommunications Online Manager
    and last but not least...The Breffmeister - he is a personal trainer, using his experience in rowing, with a Harvard degree in Biology.

I think all the job names are given by the companies that the people work for. Don't think they make them up themselves, for the most part.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lucinda is a Telecommunications Online Manager
    Call center agent then.
    Executive
    That has to be the most abused term in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

Oh God... I have just downloaded the Breffaldine clip.... I think I have dislodged my spleen laughing... its the funniest thing I have seen in an age, and the thing is...........really... they are so lovely together. Oh I have to go and watch it again !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

Glad to see the back of Ruth. She is a bit of a plank. She tried to latch on to whoever was the PM was on the day and crawl right up there imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Go on the Breffmeister - he's the Jedward of the Apprentice... clearly out of his depth, but you really want him to win...
    Glad Ruth is gone - what a wagon, not showing up for You're Fired... She deserved everything she got tonight...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭thecornerboy

Young fellas getting hammered and measuring out enough cocktails for everyone.. :D..what was she on about....

Seemed quite straightforward to me. The only word out of place was hammered. Everything else was fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

She was a no show on Ireland am this this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,908 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Something tells me she won't be on Ray Foley today...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

funsize wrote: »
    Ah, Monday.

I used to hate Mondays, but I can easily get through the day knowing my fix of Apprentice is coming up.

Whatever will I do when it's all over???

The American Apprentice is showing at 12.30 am on BBC3 on Monday nights/ Tuesday morning tape it and watch it when this is finished, nowhere near the level of incompetence as shown here, but interesting all the same.

dalquist wrote: »
    Oh God... I have just downloaded the Breffaldine clip.... I think I have dislodged my spleen laughing... its the funniest thing I have seen in an age, and the thing is...........really... they are so lovely together. Oh I have to go and watch it again !

well I'd be fairly confident that Breffaldine ended the minute either of the two finished up in the apprentice. she might have done him in the house but it appears that the Breffster has been milking his 15 minutes on the Dublin scene since then with the wimmins! and sure why not.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Some info I found out over the last week that I thought I'd share:

I heard that Cadbury's paid €100,000 for their participation in last week's show, glad they can justify it against all the good publicity they got out of it and the queues down the streets to buy Blasta bars :rolleyes:

I sat beside a fired contestant on a plane from Liverpool last week, I was told that Aoiffe and Brendan were caught at it in a laundry cupboard and were made to apologise to all and sundry the next morning, they continue to deny these shenanigans. The Boardroom scenes take a day to film, Mr. Know All Cullen constantly fluffs his scripted lines. The contestants get nothing for participating except notoriety! If they don't get paid, any contract they sign is pretty meaningless.

Last night's show was rubbish. That lizard faced cow from Spar on again, looks like she could do with a good meal! How hypocritical of Diageo and these supermarkets that sell bottles of beer for 69c to be concerned about 'responsible drinking'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭Wizard007

This was the worst episode ever!!!! Glad Ruth is gone! Aoifffffffffffe next hopefully.

Sticking by Breff to win, if only for the entertainment value he has brought to the house.

Seriously, Breffney wouldnt get a job as a security guard in charge of the spire FFS. The guy is clearly remedial. Harvard must be reviewing their admission criteria as a result of producing this turnip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Wizard007 wrote: »
    This was the worst episode ever!!!! Glad Ruth is gone! Aoifffffffffffe next hopefully.

Sticking by Breff to win, if only for the entertainment value he has brought to the house.

You kidding?! :eek: I haven't laughed so much in ages !

Ya see Lucinda bursting out laughing when they mentioned something about 'seductive' in the boardroom? :D

Some info I found out over the last week that I thought I'd share:

I heard that Cadbury's paid €100,000 for their participation in last week's show, glad they can justify it against all the good publicity they got out of it and the queues down the streets to buy Blasta bars :rolleyes:

I sat beside a fired contestant on a plane from Liverpool last week, I was told that Aoiffe and Brendan were caught at it in a laundry cupboard and were made to apologise to all and sundry the next morning, they continue to deny these shenanigans. The Boardroom scenes take a day to film, Mr. Know All Cullen constantly fluffs his scripted lines. The contestants get nothing for participating except notoriety! If they don't get paid, any contract they sign is pretty meaningless.

Last night's show was rubbish. That lizard faced cow from Spar on again, looks like she could do with a good meal! How hypocritical of Diageo and these supermarkets that sell bottles of beer for 69c to be concerned about 'responsible drinking'!
    Great post. +1 on the scripted line and the length of filming. I posted the same back a few weeks ago after hearing the same from one of the girls who got fired a few weeks back.

Cullen was a shambles last night, banging on about the readers digest and then on about death & taxes being the only certainty in life, FFS, COME ON! Who would work for this goon :confused::eek:

Cullen is onlly a puppet to trot out the script, no clue what so ever.

Wonder what Brenda (last years winner) is doing now?

Any newspaper worth their salt would be following that one up but for some strange reason TV3 & Shinawill seem to have the mass media in their pocket and nobody ever questions the show in the same way it is discussed on here? Newstalk / Today FM / 98FM are sucking the preverbial teat every Monday & Tuesday and constantly laud the show as some sort of broadcasting genius, have yet to hear a cross word said about it. Something not right there :mad:

Any journos have the balls to step up to the plate and ask the tough questions or apply some critique to the show instead of licking its a-hole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

Have to say think it wa bad form of Ruth not to do the after show. What a sour puss!
    Aoife next please. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭FruttiTutti

What a night!!!

Thankfully the Breffmeister Express is choo choo chooing straight to next week!! :):):)

I honestly think Ruth just made a complete fool out of herself by not appearing on the aftershow. If she had appeared, no matter how bad things got, it would be forgotten about by next week. Now she'll always be the one who refused to appear. It's so immature, and in terms of future employment, I wouldn't employ someone so petty!! How the hell is she going out and about anywhere with her head held hight? I'd be rosy red with embarrassment. Thumbs down Ruth.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement