Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 8 Discussion

Options
1121314151618»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Mr Purcell has promised "real fireworks" and and high profile sacking in next week's show.

"We have been a bit disappointed with the lack of innovation so far, but the tasks are getting more difficult. These contestants are competing for a €100,000 job with Bill Cullen during the worst recession since the 1930s. We are going to make that person earn it" said Brian

I really wish they'd stop banging on about all these new products needing to be innovative.

For god's sake, they have 1 working day to design a measuring cup / chocolate bar / charity christmas tie in, it's packaging, etc, and prepare to convince companies to buy / sell it.

The fact that they can get any kind of product (capable of doing the prescribed job) ready is impressive in itself. I doubt an experienced product development team would do any better than the apprentice teams.

Next week, The two teams need to design a drinks holder for cars, which can be sold in Renault showrooms nationwide. It has to be able to hold cans, juice cartons, those capri-sun packs, bottles, and a large packet of popcorn from UCI cinemas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

Cactus Col wrote: »
    Next week, The two teams need to design a drinks holder for cars, which can be sold in Renault showrooms nationwide. It has to be able to hold cans, juice cartons, those capri-sun packs, bottles, and a large packet of popcorn from UCI cinemas.
    lol this is a joke right?! If not, why the popcorn!?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

tinkerbell wrote: »
    Apparantly only 2,000 people applied for the show this year!

Is that plus or minus VAT?

And when they say six figure salary they must mean €1000.00 as that is all they are worth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

whycliff wrote: »
    it doesnt actually because on last weeks promotion for this week he pointed in the opposite direction.

Quite correct if you look at the promo carefully(i paused it!) it is a mirror image of Bill cos his eyes look weird! Its obviously to put off people like us who look too closely at stuff like this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

tinkerbell wrote: »
    lol this is a joke right?! If not, why the popcorn!?!!

Sorry .. it is joke yeah. The popcorn to make it innovative.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Emmmooo wrote: »
    Quite correct if you look at the promo carefully(i paused it!) it is a mirror image of Bill cos his eyes look weird! Its obviously to put off people like us who look too closely at stuff like this!

TV3 like putting the film in backwards - remember the ad for their GAA coverage, Ben O Connors jersey read 01, not 10!

They have to try and protect the result every week - what they should have done was change where the teams sat every week, so we completely wouldn't know!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 dalquist

They seemed to be making a point about how Bill would not hold it against Geraldine at all that she was pictured crying at the funeral of a gangland figure recently (who was apparently the father of her sister's two children). Stated he too came from very humble background and judges people on their own merit. Brian even stated that Geraldine was a great girl. Are they trying to give us a hint that Ger is going nowhere certainly for the next few weeks anyway. Maybe. I'd love to see redhead Stephen go next... he is rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭daviddwyer

The Hearld ruins it.... F*** them!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

Just a quick note to the TV3 producers looking in on this discussion:

Any one of the apprentices could make a better realityTV show than you could...just resign...please...resign now...before ure fired...you have prostituted yourselves into the hands of your sponsors, which in turn, are nothing more than corporate pimps...

now, that feels better...roll on week 9 :D:

• Registered Users Posts: 55,519 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread cleaned up. Calling someone a "knackbag" is just not acceptable here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Jeff Albertson

Mr E wrote: »
    Thread cleaned up. Calling someone a "knackbag" is just not acceptable here.

Just wondering, is it okay to say "knackbag" but its not ok to call somebody a "knackbag"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Geraldine is the Pickaroony.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

I hope Ginger Steve and Breff stay. Hate that Aoife with her alien eyes

been saying that bout her eyes for ages they are ****ing wierd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

I seen Aoiffe out in Dicies last wednesday nite with two blokes by her side. She was literally in front of me. I turned to my friend and said "That's yer wan from the apprentice... what's her name.... o yeah Aoiffe" ... "The wat?...Aoiffe who?" he says :D

Mind you she was looking quite hoooooot in her slinky black number ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Dicies? She mustnt have been able to get into Krystle :P

Must be gunning for Z List celeb status :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

stepbar wrote: »
    Mind you she was looking quite hoooooot in her slinky black number

Was she dressed as an Owl?

A quick question... there have been comments that the board room scenes take an entire day to film, hard to believe given the few minutes of it we see, and that Bill's ends of things comments wise are very scripted. So, I am wondering if its actually Bill or the production team who make the decision as to who get's fired, and of course the same question could apply to Sir Allen. Is it really the "boss" who makes these decisions or the people behind the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,144 ✭✭✭✭Cicero

dalquist wrote: »
    A quick question... there have been comments that the board room scenes take an entire day to film, hard to believe given the few minutes of it we see, and that Bill's ends of things comments wise are very scripted. So, I am wondering if its actually Bill or the production team who make the decision as to who get's fired, and of course the same question could apply to Sir Allen. Is it really the "boss" who makes these decisions or the people behind the show.

I have no idea, but considering the amount of sponsorship/product placement that all involved are looking at the ratings, so on that basis, I would say its a group decision- Bill will be heavily influenced by his side kicks but ratings (and money) are king for this type of show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭quietobserver

Heres my 10 cents worth

Ballinsloe Steve goes tonight

Aoiffe Next week

Geraldine Week after

Steve (the good salesman)

And then that leaves Lucinda off the unemployment list for the next year.

What would PAddy powers give me on that??

Heres my 10 cents worth

Ballinsloe Steve goes tonight

Aoiffe Next week

Geraldine Week after

Steve (the good salesman)

And then that leaves Lucinda off the unemployment list for the next year.

What would PAddy powers give me on that??

Think again !!!

• Advertisement

I never knew Brian was Jackie's nephew !!!!!!! Is that common knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

dalquist wrote: »
    I never knew Brian was Jackie's nephew !!!!!!! Is that common knowledge.
    Yes of course it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Yes of course it is.
    Well I didn't know that either...I thought that Brian was working for Bill on his own merit and got the job on the Apprentice cos of himself (ok he could have) rather than who was his aunt. It is so like the American Apprentice where Donald has his kids as his 'eyes & ears'...Nepotism :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

That's news to me also.
    robo wrote:
    It is so like the American Apprentice where Donald has his kids as his 'eyes & ears'...Nepotism

So is that! Are you sure about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

eoin wrote: »
    That's news to me also.

So is that! Are you sure about that?
    Yep have watched them all for the past few years...and he has Ivanka and his son Donald Junior!! It is woeful with them! And then he sometimes has previous winners as his eyes & ears!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement