Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bends in flue pipe

Options
  • 08-11-2009 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm planning on installing a Morso Squirrell multi fuel stove. (5kw)

I cant vent from the top straight up so I will either need to use 2 45 degree bends to connect to the flexi liner above or a t section if I rear vent it.

I have read that rear venting should be a last resort. Considering that the draw on my open fire wasn't that great I want to ensure best draw I can. Would 2 45 bends be preferable do you think?

Also if i have a soot door in one of the pieces will it be easy enough to sweep?

On another note do you loose much heat if a stove is recessed into the gap where the old fireplace was?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭mattcullen

Also,
    If rear venting do I need to maintain a distance of 10-15 cm between back of flue pipe and back wall?

What is the best way to surface the back wall (currently just soncrete bricks) ? Can I just plaster it? Is there a special king of plaster slab I could use to keep the heat in the room a bit more?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement