Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Vodka

Options
  • 08-11-2009 6:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

What Is The Cheapest Type Of Vodka And How Much Is It?:)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Cheapest standard strength vodka available would probably be €15 a bottle, supermarket own brand or equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭xoxyx

Lidl do a nice vodka for the price - it's about €14.50 and 38% proof. Not sure of the name but it and comes in a bottle with a red lid. I find a lot of the cheaper vodkas are just not drinkable - but this one's grand. Great for having a few people over and not wanting to break the bank - plus, you can pick up your mixers in Lidl for half nothing too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭AidySevenfold

if you live anywhere near northern ireland u can get a litre of smirnoff for 15 pound, about €17, if even.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Marks and Spencer do a litre of Vodka for about €22 I think. It's made by a distillers in Scotland somewhere. They do a whisky for them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

think i saw a dunnes glossy pull out ad in one of the sunday papers advertising a 70cl bottle of absolut for 16 euro.

not 100% if it's dunnes or it was even absolut for that matter but it was definitely a big name brand - not smirnoff - and it was definitely 16 euro*.

*sorry for lack of cold cut facts, not a vodka drinker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭JamieK

Heard from a friend in college last week that in Tesco express in Cork that it was €15 for a 70cl bottle of smirnoff vodka!! :eek:

Could someone please confirm this??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,552 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Whatever you do, don't give in to the tesco value vodka. Really. You'll have to trust me on this one: it has effects beyond the normal effects of alcohol...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

man this place is a rip off compared to england.. a litre over there is 11 pounds!! couldnt tell ya how much it is here tho

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

One of the cheapest around at the moment is Kirov vodka, E15.99 for a 700ml bottle. Another one a lot of the smaller offies do is Glens, for E16.99. Both are 37.5% strength but neither are great quality. The two best value vodkas around at the moment are Finlandia and Russian Standard. Both are proper 40% strength. Finlandia 700ml seems to be on special offer everywhere, ranging from E17.99 in Super Valu to E19.99 in independent offies (its RRP is E23.99). Its a seriously good price for a quality vodka. Russian Standard is the top selling vodka in Russia. Most offies have a current sale on this brand. The 700ml is on offer at E19.99 (RRP E24.99) and the 500ml is excellent value at E14.99 (RRP E19.99). This product is not long in the Irish market and has been slow to take off. But having drank it myself i can positively say its one of the better tasting vodkas out there. Russian Standard Platinum is even better again but you'll have to splash out E30 or more for that beauty.

*One would be well advised to stear clear of Smirnoff and Huzzar, even if both are E17.99 in the bigger supermarkets. Both are hangover inducing tripe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭milly4ever

When i was coming back from Birmingham Airport last February, they were selling 2 bottles of Smirnoff 700ml for £16 (E17.30). Even in our airport duty frees, you would never get anything like that value, we really are being ripped off left, right and centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 842 ✭✭✭dereko1969

Doubt that price was available for anyone flying within Europe, it was for those flying outside the EU ie actual duty free

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭crushproof

grenache wrote: »
    Russian Standard is the top selling vodka in Russia. Most offies have a current sale on this brand. The 700ml is on offer at E19.99 (RRP E24.99) and the 500ml is excellent value at E14.99 (RRP E19.99). This product is not long in the Irish market and has been slow to take off. But having drank it myself i can positively say its one of the better tasting vodkas out there. Russian Standard Platinum is even better again but you'll have to splash out E30 or more for that beauty.

I second that, an excellent vodka for the price, always appears to be on offer somewhere!
    Beats the rest of the tripe out there anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

Count Rostov Vodka (available from Redmonds, Ranelagh) is a pretty decent one for around the €15 mark for 700ml bottle. I think it may have increased in price recently although I can't confirm.

Tesco value is probably the cheapest but is more suited to thinning paint!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Getwellsoon

Whatever you do, don't give in to the tesco value vodka. Really. You'll have to trust me on this one: it has effects beyond the normal effects of alcohol...

Yup, I found this out with their whiskey :( And it wasn't even the VALUE whiskey it was the next best one up from that!!! I haven't felt so rough in a LONG time.

Cheapest vodka I've found is Glenns, Tescos Imperial or the M&S litre bottle.

I've been going for Tesco's own white rum recently though, SO CHEAP! It's like €21 for a litre!!!!!!!!!!!! and only €8.50 for a shoulder!! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

I got a litre of smirnoff in the airport coming home from Italy for €10.50. Was delighted.

And i have to admit i quiet like tesco vodka id have it over Smirnoff anyday. But Dunnes do a 70cl for 14.99 Vadsky or Kinsky cant remeber which ones in Dunnes. All the same really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 485 ✭✭blackbetty69

glens isnt the worst, although it does have a different twang to it than other types, but its still good!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

z_topaz wrote: »
    Lidl do a nice vodka for the price - it's about €14.50 and 38% proof. Not sure of the name but it and comes in a bottle with a red lid. I find a lot of the cheaper vodkas are just not drinkable - but this one's grand. Great for having a few people over and not wanting to break the bank - plus, you can pick up your mixers in Lidl for half nothing too!

Personally I think Lidl Vodka tastes revolting. My recomendation would be Russian Standard, it's gorgeous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,546 ✭✭✭Enii

z_topaz wrote: »

Personally I think Lidl vodka tastes revolting!

I would recommend Russian Standard!!!!

• Advertisement

dereko1969 wrote: »
    Doubt that price was available for anyone flying within Europe, it was for those flying outside the EU ie actual duty free
    It was £16 regardless of where you were flying to. I asked at the counter. See the reply a few posts above mine regarding buying vodka in Italy. Airport shopping is much cheaper, duty free or no duty free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Agreed. Although this can be difficult as the bottle does not always state, try to avoid vodka distilled from molasses. It's the nastiest **** going.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Looking for the best price on either Huzzar/Smirnoff in town... Anyone someone :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Special offer in Mckevitts here in town Huzzar is €16.99

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Feck.....

Only saw this now... Bought one in Tesco for 20yoyos...

Advertisement