Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6' 4" ideas first sports bike?

• 08-11-2009 7:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭

Lads getting a lil tired of the bandit 6 :rolleyes:

been looking into getting a more sportier bike.. has to be around the 600cc mark.. theres a lovely gsxr k6 600 factory restricted for sale thou i dunno would my height kill me..

looking into

1. sv650s 05-07 (seems like a good bike for a taller rider)
    2. GSXR600 K6 (am i dreaming?)
    3. CBR600rr 05 ish..

any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I'm 6ft 4 myself and found any of the 600 or 1k machines are tiny.

The only sports bike I'm comfy on is the ZZR range.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

you will get bored of the sv easily if your coming from a bandit. Bandit is far superior.

Go for a gixxer and get adjustable rearsets. Or go with lanky up there and try a zzr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭aurin07

seanybiker wrote: »
    you will get bored of the sv easily if your coming from a bandit. Bandit is far superior.

Go for a gixxer and get adjustable rearsets. Or go with lanky up there and try a zzr

i dunno im sick of my Blandit... :rolleyes: it does everything right but just doesnt get that spark wioth me.. taking a Z750 for a spin during the week so ill let ya know how things get on there..

Would adjustable rearsets make a massive difference?? :confused:

Thanks

A

aurin07 wrote: »
    i dunno im sick of my Blandit... :rolleyes: it does everything right but just doesnt get that spark wioth me.. taking a Z750 for a spin during the week so ill let ya know how things get on there..

Would adjustable rearsets make a massive difference?? :confused:

Thanks

A

How could anyone get sick of a bandit. I'd love another one. Keep the gixxer aswell of course though lol.

dunno how much of a difference the rearsets would be to be honest, bound to help a bit anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭Wossack

thought the sv was quite small myself

best bet, imo is try and sit on a couple... sportsbikes, unfort have just gotten smaller as the years go by, might have to go back in the years a bit to find a fitting one

vfr800 might be a option - shouldnt be any more expensive to insure then the cbr/gixxer (prolly cheaper)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

why don't you just do a Hightower job and sit on the back seat? :D

if yer from around waterford at all your more than welcome to take my gixxer 1000 for a few days. Would love a bandit :p

if yer from around waterford at all your more than welcome to take my gixxer 1000 for a few days. Would love a bandit :p

swap you for my super4 seany, but you'd want to be careful it's a bit of a beast :D

KamiKazi wrote: »
    swap you for my super4 seany, but you'd want to be careful it's a bit of a beast :D
    If you can get insured on mine I dont mind. Never rode one of them

If you can get insured on mine I dont mind. Never rode one of them

Are you mad? I'd crease meself :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Are you mad? I'd crease meself :pac:
    dont be a girl:eek:, if ur not stupid on ya will be grand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Anybody want to put down the odds of him wrapping himself around a tree within a mile?

Anybody want to put down the odds of him wrapping himself around a tree within a mile?

Think you're being a bit generous with the distance :D

guil wrote: »
    dont be a girl:eek:, if ur not stupid on ya will be grand
    Exactly.

Advertisement