Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sony Hd Dvd Recorder Problem Remote Wont work with player

• 08-11-2009 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭

Have a Sony Hd Dvd Recorder Model Number RDR-GX350

Been using it ages now and not a problem and last nite I was goin threw setting menu and pressed something to do with the mode it was in changed it from mode 3 to mode 1 and since I changed it the remote is not recongnized with the dvd player at all Ive pressed ever button even held button down to get something to show up.

I can not get back into the menu what so ever and the remote will not work now to bring the menu up

Can anyone help ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

if the machine is now in remote mode 1 then, if i remember correctly, you hold down enter & 1 for 5 seconds and it will change the remote to that mode as well. have a look in the manual and it should tell you how to do it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 745 ✭✭✭cable842

the remote wont work at all Im looking threw the manual now its been out for days.

Im changed it to a different by accident so looking threw it now and hopefully i can get it working again

the remote is in mode one. Ive looked up how to change it back but it wont work at all.

holding enter and 2 or 3 but wont change at all

what does the display say on the Recorder? when you press a button a number will appear on the front display and that will tell you what the remote is programmed for.

then, as per the manual, hold down ENTER and the press the number you want to program the remote for.

is the remote defo working? point it at a camera (phone, webcam etc will do) and see if its sending a signal

got it working mate i had to hold enter and press 1 2 or 3. and got it too work again. thanks mate

• Advertisement

thats what i said in the first place!
    big_moe wrote: »
    if the machine is now in remote mode 1 then, if i remember correctly, you hold down enter & 1 for 5 seconds and it will change the remote to that mode as well. have a look in the manual and it should tell you how to do it

i was doin that in the beginning and noting was happening was tryin it for 2 hours and got it working again. thanks mate.

Advertisement