Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Belfast shopping

• 08-11-2009 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Heading up the weekend, staying at the premier inn on warring street.....are there any good shopping centers around with in easy walking distance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭keezer

Also where is the nearest asda and sainsburys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

The main shopping centres in town are Victoria Square and Castle Court (both 5-10 mins walk from your hotel).

The nearest Asda and Sainsburys are both a drive/bus ride away. Asda in Dundonald is probably closest (about a 20 minute drive), the nearest Sainsburys are Holywood Exchange and Forestside (about 15 mins drive each). The websites have maps and directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

Hi Keezer.

I posted a similar thread last week, and the good Folk of Boards posted the following....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727433

Thanks once again Folks!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

pow wow wrote: »
    Asda in Dundonald is probably closest

Dundonald? :eek: how about the 1 on shore road

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Devastator wrote: »
    Dundonald? :eek: how about the 1 on shore road

I figured (s)he could hit the one in Dundonald after Sainsburys at Holywood Exchange/Forestside ;) If the weather's nice (s)he could walk to the Shore Road!

• Advertisement

Cheers for the replys Guys/Gals. Its a great help

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

There is a Tesco's 5 minutes walk away right on royal avenue (at the junction of high st and castle street)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭Paul4As

keezer...depending on how you are getting to Belfast (bus or car) there is of course an Asda in Enniskillen (I see you are from Mayo) and Tesco...with a car it is easy to stop in Enniskillen of course...with the bus there is a changeover in Enniskillen where maybe you may have some time to kill!!!
    There is also a Dunnes in Belfast city centre that sells food and booze...near to the Tesco as described in stealthyspeder's post above!!!

There is a Tesco's 5 minutes walk away right on royal avenue (at the junction of high st and castle street)

That should come in handy
    Paul4As wrote: »
    keezer...depending on how you are getting to Belfast (bus or car) there is of course an Asda in Enniskillen (I see you are from Mayo) and Tesco...with a car it is easy to stop in Enniskillen of course...with the bus there is a changeover in Enniskillen where maybe you may have some time to kill!!!
    There is also a Dunnes in Belfast city centre that sells food and booze...near to the Tesco as described in stealthyspeder's post above!!!

Going by car, thanks for the info regarding enniskillen.....might be handier on the way down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 466 ✭✭aquascrotum

That Tesco is a Metro - they're a right whack more expensive than "proper" Tescos I thought? More in line with your Spar/Mace etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

That Tesco is a Metro - they're a right whack more expensive than "proper" Tescos I thought? More in line with your Spar/Mace etc.

no way is it in line with spar or mace! Its basically same price for most items as what other stores charge, just not as many special offers or selection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 574 ✭✭✭oldscoil

keezer wrote: »
    Heading up the weekend, staying at the premier inn on warring street.....are there any good shopping centers around with in easy walking distance

Hi Keezer.

How did you get on.

I am going up in a few weeks and I'm also staying in the Premier Inn on Waring Street.

Is it handy to get around, and how would you rate the hotel?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

oldscoil wrote: »
    Hi Keezer.

How did you get on.

I am going up in a few weeks and I'm also staying in the Premier Inn on Waring Street.

Is it handy to get around, and how would you rate the hotel?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Brian

Had a great time staying in the Premier Inn Waring Street, Everthing was great about the hotel.
    Rooms where very clean, nice big shower with a seat, beds were very comfy and we had no problems with noise and the staff couldnt have been more helpfull.
    Bar Food was great value 2 courses for £10 and 3 courses for around £12.
    Breakfast was ok, bit tastless but great value at £7 with continental for £5 but plenty of cafes outside the hotel with breakfasts at £3.

Great location for shopping, beside a tkmaxx and 5 min to the main shopping area and a 5 min walk to two shopping centers. Castlecourt on the main st and Victoria square which is the better of the two.
    For food try TGI Fridays in victoria square we had a very nice meal there and the cocktails are lolvly.

For drink shopping go to sainsburys beside ikea as its a lot less crowded than Asda in Ennisskillen

The only thing about parking its about a 5min walk to a multi story car park and for 24hrs its £7.

But the Hotel couldnt be in a better location right in the center of everything.

Advertisement