Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silver Spray For A Bite??

Options
  • 08-11-2009 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

My dog got bitten today while on our walk and when I took her to the vet he gave her an injection and some antibiotics but firstly he sprayed silver stuff on the bite and I've never seen this before, I'm just wondering if anyone else has? He shaved the area first and then sprayed this stuff. he said it was an antibiotic but it looks bizarre.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yes thats ALUSPRAY, its a spray that helps to fight infection. We use it on horses at our stud farm i work on.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭MissyN

andreac wrote: »
    Yes thats ALUSPRAY, its a spray that helps to fight infection. We use it on horses at our stud farm i work on.

Thanks for that Andrea. I had never seen it before. Just read about it. Sounds like its good stuff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Ado86

Mainly used in large animal medicine, but yes it has an antibacterial action, usually applied to surgery wounds in large animals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 maroongael

My beautiful Golden Retriever was in for his snip last month and came back to me that evening with his underside completely covered in that silver spray The Vet said it was to help him fight infection

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

Yep, it's Aluspray. It's really good as it fights bacteria/infection and aids healing. Like Ado said, it's most commonly used in large animals, but it is every bit as good when used for small animals. Looks a bit odd on the animal's coat, but does the job. Plus it's not too expensive. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement