Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MMA IN SWORDS NORTH DUBLIN??

• 08-11-2009 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

i was just at the toys for big boys in the rds on saturday and got a flyer that said mma ,mauy thai etc.. was starting in airside business park,swords but didnt give a date just a number but lost the flyer,so anyone know any details bout this?
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭cletus

I'd imagine its Owen Roddy's place. heres the website

www.dublinmma.com

and heres a link to the thread in the mma sub-forum discussing it

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055727395

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

You probably got a flyer for the new shop opening in Airside. Ultimate MMA Supplies.

I think Owen Roddys new club in opening up in Ballymun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,095 ✭✭✭cletus

Killme00 wrote: »
    I think Owen Roddys new club in opening up in Ballymun.

sorry, wasn't paying much attention to addresses, just saw new mma club in Dublin, and Owen Roddy's seemed the most likely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ittmixedmartial

hey the club opening up is being run by our mma instructor terry mcguiness as far as i know :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭mickoo

hey the club opening up is being run by our mma instructor terry mcguiness as far as i know :)

I heard this too.

You do mean TKD coach though dont you?

Terry has no MMA experience and is only a beginner in BJJ, Maybe its going to be a TKD club.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

I'm sorely tempted to throw this over to the MMA forum, in truth it probably should have been posted there.

However since it would appear that the coach is is TKD practitioner I'll leave it here, if that makes sense?.. (it makes Martin's head spin tbh!).

But at this point in time, when there's a lot of well established & reputable MMA clubs with coaches well versed in MMA coaching and all that entails I'd always advise a beginner to err on the side of caution when picking a new club. Esp. if they're in an area already close to saturation with very good MMA clubs to chose from.

This is not to take away anything from this new club what so ever, and I wish them every success in the future but in this particular part of Dublin the beginner is already spoilt for choice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭ittmixedmartial

well i know he is setting up the club with other lads i think im not that up on the info on it i know hes involved in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭ultimatemma

The shop is Ultimate MMA Supplies and it's opening in december in airside. We have taken a space from Xtreme Fitness Ireland which is the new MMA gym opening in swords, however the shop and gym are completely seperate businesses.

Ultimate MMA Suplies is the official reseller of Hayabusa equipment and clothing as well as selling TapouT, SPRAWL, Venum, Silver Star, Cage Fighter, Bad Boy, Shock Doctor and for the ladies we have Fight Chix. UFC brand and Death Clutch to come before Christmas.

We will have our website up and running in 2 weeks and people will be able to buy online as well as in store. We are also available to come directly to your clubs and gyms if you're interested.

For more information please see us on www.facebook.com/ultimatemmasupplies or phone +353 862245559 or email ultimatemmasupplies@gmail.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 doe11

hey guys :) owen has opened a gym up beside charlstown, finglas/ballymun

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/group.php?gid=159964774019508

thats the facebook group link if any one needs any more info :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement