Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend me a book for direct marketing

• 08-11-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭

hey guys and gals,

just started a direct marketing job, working towards management role and would appreciate a recommendation for the best book in this area?

seems to be alot of books on amazon but hard to see if they are directed towards, starting your own company and setting up a marketing strategy through the direct proccess or just for a guy out in the cold doing door tod door and manageing others like myself.

any advice welcome

cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 murphious

Hey ,for your situation i would recomend a book called Yes! 50 Scientifically Proven Ways to Be Persuasive

Its great book i refer back to it alot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 policymaker

Hi Freeman,
    Direct Marketing - Its vastly changing, If you are relatively new to the marketing arena, I would suggest you have a google of Seth Godin - he conveys his message precisely - have a read of his blog or read book reviews of his books such as 'Purple Cow' or meatball sundae, In alliance to reading his books and exploring your own thoughts, perhaps look at some marketing software package available from paloalto.ie - very cost effective- tremenduous value.
    good luck in your new job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭Andy_Black

There's an excellent book by Perry Marshall and Bryan Todd called "Ultimate Guide To Google Adwords".

It quotes Seth Godin all over it, and is very easy to read and more abut how to incorporate Adwords into your marketing campaign than the technical nuts and bolts.

Anyone in Direct Marketing should understand the Google machine IMO.

I hope that helps.

Andy

Advertisement