Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can we just all pull together

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    going back to the OP - http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1113/education.html this is hardly going to help. And surely trust the teachers - they go for the Friday. another long weekend for them to sit at home and have a wee holiday. Who do they think they are?

Schools throughout the country will be closed on 24 November, after teachers voted in favour of industrial action against cutbacks.

Isn't that a Tuesday? I wish it was a Friday. If they're going to force me to take a day off work to mind the kids, I'd prefer a Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kered75

MaceFace wrote: »
    As a very simple example - I am yet to see a single piece of credit given to any part of the gevernment in this forum (not saying there aren't any, just that I have not seen them). Surely they have done something right?

You say that we don't give the the current government any credit and then ask what have they done to receive credit??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Kered75 wrote: »
    You say that we don't give the the current government any credit and then ask what have they done to receive credit??

I wonder if the tone of conversation is lost in words or if you are trying to be too literal to make a point.......

IMHO the government have done many wonderful things (or at least have plans for them).
    They look like they will take on the unions and put through a radical number of changes in the upcoming budget. To see the EU back Cowen publically yesterday over what we are trying in this country is great to see.
    Leaving aside how we got into this mess, what we are going to try achieve in this country has not been done anywhere else in the world (or so I keep on hearing) - reducing the deficit from 12% to 3% in 4 years.

So rather than be "one of those people" who just gives out and moans and looks for the worst in things, I like to try and see some positives and acknowledge them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,539 ✭✭✭jimmmy

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    going back to the OP - http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/1113/education.html this is hardly going to help. And surely trust the teachers - they go for the Friday. another long weekend for them to sit at home and have a wee holiday. Who do they think they are?
    Shame on them. The original poster asks "Can we just all pull together".
    The teachers, despite being paid far higher than the Eurozone average, and working shorter hours, decides to go on strike. Shame on them. If only they could hear what everyone is saying about them. A good excuse to offer them tea, but do not tell them whats in it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭The_Thing

I find it highly ironic that someone employed in the construction industry would come on here and ask "Can we just all pull together"

Surely, Milstream, as a quantity surveyor you would have had a better insight than most when it came to the construction industry and the obscene profiteering that went on for the last number of years. Are you hoping that people will forget the rip-off mentality that pervaded the sector?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

MaceFace wrote: »
    As a very simple example - I am yet to see a single piece of credit given to any part of the gevernment in this forum (not saying there aren't any, just that I have not seen them). Surely they have done something right?

tumbleweed.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Milstream

The_Thing wrote: »
    I find it highly ironic that someone employed in the construction industry would come on here and ask "Can we just all pull together"

Surely, Milstream, as a quantity surveyor you would have had a better insight than most when it came to the construction industry and the obscene profiteering that went on for the last number of years. Are you hoping that people will forget the rip-off mentality that pervaded the sector?

Eh i never made obscene profiteering from the construction industry. See if we just keep moaning and complaining we will never get out of this mess. Blame who you like its still not going to make one bit of difference

Advertisement