Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Morocco Maps

Options
  • 08-11-2009 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Anyone know if any of the major/not so major brands have road maps of Morocco? Google has proved fruitless :-(

M5

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I couldn't find a map from any of the main suppliers, but I did find this free version, which is for Garmin handheld units.

Do you currently have a Sat Nav? What make?

Are you going driving, car/bike, hiking?

Edit: for further info. about visiting Morocco, I found this site useful.

Click HERE.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

mrmac wrote: »
    I couldn't find a map from any of the main suppliers, but I did find this free version, which is for Garmin handheld units.

Do you currently have a Sat Nav? What make?

Are you going driving, car/bike, hiking?

Edit: for further info. about visiting Morocco, I found this site useful.

Click HERE.

Cheers for that,

did come across that but the maps look to be basic enough. I will be sticking to major roads though..... I would also like city coverage though as i guess driving in marakesh would not be that straightforward! I am currently using IGo on PDA. I may have a look at garmin XT and see exactly how detailed those maps are....

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭IrlJidel

M5 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Anyone know if any of the major/not so major brands have road maps of Morocco? Google has proved fruitless :-(

M5

Have you tried Openstreetmap ? Don't know how well teh rest of Morroco is covered but Marakesh has a good bit of detail.

Check coverage on the OSM site here:
    http://osm.org/go/bth17tc

If you think coverage is suitable you can download a Garmin-compatiable file here:
    http://garmin.na1400.info/routable.php

Either way, on your travels you could collect gps traces and upload them to OSM, which could be used to improve OSM coverage in Morroco.

Advertisement