Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Odd Things.

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭

I was wondering, what odd delights do people get in the world of horses? I'm not talking about the adrenline or anything, just stuff that makes you smile.

For me, its when your expecting a horse to take to something new badly, but it actually goes very well.
    Like today, for example, we were loading a yearling and expected to be all day trying to get it used to the box and the partition and everything, but no, he walked straight on first time without hesitating!

Just those small thing:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Kooja

Or when you are loose schooling/jumping your horse and he knocks a pole.
    He stops top watch you put it back up and walks over to you....then you say "OK, Let's try it again" and he turns around and trys it agin & clears it.

Only a little thing but it's cool that they understand - and get a juicy apple for their cool efforts. Puts me in flying form and warms the heart.
    ***Not a freak, just adore my horse as he will do anything to please you.****:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Wicked

for me its when i open the gate to the yard every morning and they whinny at me. like there saying hello!

and hugs, love hugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

For me it's when I go onto the yard first and my mare runs to the front of the stable and whinny's at me as if to go 'You're here!'

Also when we play games as well, she acts like a foal sometimes haha! And loves to play chasing!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

My chap suits the rider, if you are capable ,he'll act up a bit, for the craic, with a nervous novice, he's like an equine nanny.

Advertisement