Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Insane idea to avoid vat

• 09-11-2009 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

i owe about 1k in vat. if i want to avoid paying that i'd have to spend 5500 to get 21.5% off my vat bill which works out at about 1K which would cancel the charge out. is there anything else i can do with this 1k besides paying it back to the govt, i dont need 5 laptops for example or 12 iphones and i dont have the 5500 to be spending anyway but is there anything else i can do with the 1k like invest or give it to charity or sumthn/

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

I can see this getting closed.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Could you buy a couple of your friends shopping for the rest of the year, in your name?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Reginald P. DuM

Could you swallow 100000 cents and fall in a river?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 526 ✭✭✭betonit

Why not just pay the vat and save 4500? Or else i could sell you some maggic beans, Im pretty sure theres vat on magic beans because of the magic portion as apposed to them bean classed as food????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

Just pay it over to the Revenue. It was never your money to begin with, you were merely collecting VAT from your customers to pay over to revenue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

You owe tax.

Pay the tax.

Do not look for tips for fraud here. It is illegal.

Thread closed.

Charter update- the next thread along this line will result in a ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement