Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat and Kitten need rescuing

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

Hello, there is a semi wild cat in the garden with 3 kittens and the mother look pregnant again. I noticed them tonight in the garden and the mother cat does not look well and I'm not sure if she has had the kittens or is in trouble having them. but is there any one in carlow I can ring who would take them its cruel to leave them as they are they have sore eyes and I have a Kitten I rescued this summer my self and she has sore eyes as well now! unfortunately as much as I would love to keep them all I cant never mind the fact I cant get to close. I know I could catch them I have caught the kittens before. just need to find some one to take them.

can any one help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Hmm, if they have gummy eyes they could have a a bad cat disease, can't remember the name.

Call the Carlow SPCA, here's a link to get their number http://www.ispca.ie/Members-Carlow.aspx

They will ask you questions & assuming the cats are approachable they will come out and take them away. If they have the disease I'm thinking of they may have to be put down as no cure, but it would be better than suffering through it. I could be wrong though, might just have an eye infection.

Also bring your own cat to the vet but call them first before bringing her in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Thanks Mink tried rining them already no joy the number just goes to answering service saying the mobile is turned off.

I know a bit about cats and I think its prob eye infection but may be cat flu cant be sure as have'nt heard them coughing or sneezing just sore eyes. actually if they were not sore you would not know they were strays they have lovely coats and well fed.

hope I can get them help I just cant afford to bring 4 cats to a vet it will be hard enough with one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Paul91

i got this number from the www.irishanimals.ie website for Carlow/Kilkenny - she might be able to help - Katja (086 2023790)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

Paul91 wrote: »
    i got this number from the www.irishanimals.ie website for Carlow/Kilkenny - she might be able to help - Katja (086 2023790)

Thanks I left a message :)

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Chiaki

let us know how you got on... probably bad cat flu, poor cats....

• Advertisement
Advertisement