Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for research degrees

• 09-11-2009 12:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭

Should I ideally look toward the prestigious universities for a good career move or would it be better to search for the faculty with research interests similar to my own (Not that I'm pushed one way or another at this stage)? I ask because I'm trying to decide what universities in the UK would suit me and also make a good career move. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭JuliusCaesar

Valmont wrote: »
    it be better to search for the faculty with research interests similar to my own .

this one. A university with a good overall reputation may be weak in your particular dept. A world class researcher mey be working in a lesser university.

It also depends on the level of postgrad you want to do. DClinPysch will be fairly standard anywhere. (I.m assuming here....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭Valmont

It also depends on the level of postgrad you want to do. DClinPysch will be fairly standard anywhere. (I.m assuming here....)

I hope to actually get involved in some research with a Phd being the long term goal.

Advertisement