Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10k or similar event dec dublin area

• 09-11-2009 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Im looking to do a 10k run at some stage before xmas and I cant find anything apart from the Aware one on Dec 12th when Im out of the country for the weekend.

I have only run one 10k so not well connected with clubs/websites etc, and I want to keep up the training before xmas with some sort of goal in mind.

Thanks a mill, and apologies if thread is in the wrong forum

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

There will be a 10K in Nobber, Co. Meath on 6th December and in Navan on 26th December. There is a race in Wicklow on 26th December as well, not sure of distance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Thanks a mill, will keep an eye out 4 them so.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭Slogger Jogger

Theres usually a 10k ish race held for charity before Christmas at Earl's drive near Enniskerry. Its all on forest trail. Don't have specifics yet but as soon as I hear I'll post here. The format is a bit different from the usual race too, which gives it an element of fun. You predict your time and the start times are allocated based on people's guesses so its like a handicap system. No watches or timing devices allowed and the winner is the one arriving at the finish line nearest to their guess. All good craic and usually held for charity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

Theres usually a 10k ish race held for charity before Christmas at Earl's drive near Enniskerry. Its all on forest trail. Don't have specifics yet but as soon as I hear I'll post here. The format is a bit different from the usual race too, which gives it an element of fun. You predict your time and the start times are allocated based on people's guesses so its like a handicap system. No watches or timing devices allowed and the winner is the one arriving at the finish line nearest to their guess. All good craic and usually held for charity.

My club incorporates this idea into one of their club summer series they great fun well worth doing:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭RoadKillTs

The Santa Dash is on the 13th of December.

Fee Santa suit (ya just have to pay 25 euro) :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭jlang

IIRC, there were Santa suits given out at the BHAA Christmas race in Marlay Park last year as well. Not to everyone, but I was late as usual and barely got registered in time so I didn't find out the full story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭central park

Fields of Athenry 10K on 26th Dec in Athenry, Co. Galway and you get a free woolly hat! Details at www.athenryac.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭theduke1

Hi guys,

Im looking to do a 10k run at some stage before xmas and I cant find anything apart from the Aware one on Dec 12th when Im out of the country for the weekend.

I have only run one 10k so not well connected with clubs/websites etc, and I want to keep up the training before xmas with some sort of goal in mind.

Thanks a mill, and apologies if thread is in the wrong forum

hey guys
    Im also looking for an event over christmas in kerry any distance
    cheers

Advertisement