Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox live connection issues

• 09-11-2009 1:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Im in student accommodation in NUI Galway and our internet connection is wired (one ethernet plug per room). Whenever I try to connect to xbox live it says my MTU settings need to be at 1356 or something, however i have no access to the router and i doubt that the people down in reception will be very accommodating! any ideas would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Im in student accommodation in NUI Galway and our internet connection is wired (one ethernet plug per room). Whenever I try to connect to xbox live it says my MTU settings need to be at 1356 or something, however i have no access to the router and i doubt that the people down in reception will be very accommodating! any ideas would be very much appreciated!

I'm in a similar situation, campus accomodation in DCU. However, I rang up computer services department and asked them to open the relevent ports (you can get them on xbox website). I don't know if I was just lucky but I got on to a nice guy who actually opened the ports for me! Thing is, I can play xbox live but I can't update (might be a proxy issue? - I don't think its a port issue). So everytime there's an update I have to bring my xbox elsewhere to update and then bring it back and it will work. You might have a similar problem but at least it could work!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭The Aviator

Never knew college students were aloud to bring xboxes on campus with them! haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭animaX

Never knew college students were aloud to bring xboxes on campus with them! haha

Work and play, gotta get the balance right! Now that I mention it, I better start balancing it right :D

Edit: Also, we pay a hefty premium for living on campus, we deserve something back

Advertisement