Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Eve] Standing

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I'm not fully sure how this works in NPC factions. I've an epic arc mission (been sitting there for a while now) which requires me to head through Gallante space into Minmatar space.

Gallante is -1.28 (Nominal) and Minmatar is -0.24 (Neutral). How bad is this? Will Gallante navy fire on me at the gates or do they need to even more pissed off at me than they currently are?

On a related note - how do I improve my ratings with them? I've stopped doing missions that require me to kill them as I will need to get through their space at some stage. I've Diplomacy at L2 atm (just kicked off training to L3) and Connections L3. What else will help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Gneez

you dont need to worry about it until you hit -5.0 standings with a faction, only then will their police shoot at you, it takes a loooooooooong time to get to -5 because the closer you get to it the slower your standings drop, if it does drop under -5 you can train the diplomacy skill to level 4 in 1 day (its a rank 1 skill) then you can safely go as low as (roughly) -8 and still enter their space

believe me you would have to be running missions for years and years for that to happen, I've already dropped below -5 to amarr but I live there and with diplomacy at 4 my effective standings are up to -2.5 or something so the navy never shoots me

if you want to improve your relations you'll need run missions for their opposing faction or opposing factions closest nation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

or run interbus missions, they give standing to all the empire factions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Thanks guys. I meant to say those are my effective standings with diplomacy taken into account. Good to know I can travel safely though :)

Advertisement