Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Enniscorthy-Recommendations?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Probably gonna be renting in Enniscorthy & looking for recommendations.
    I don't drive & whilst I cycle, it's more of a convenience issue cos truth be told I'm a lazy-ish sod so consequently location is an issue.
    I don't know much about places I'm intrested in but looking for recommendations on them & other places please.
    Also if any have contacts or a place to rent (MUST accept R/A to start off with but hopefully I pick up any job or work!), feel free to PM me.

Portmouth House (Over The Cinema).
    Looks good from outside. Any issues? Vibrations from Cinema? How good is Sound Barrier/Insulation from traffic outside on quay? How many apartaments are in it & on how many floors? Is there parking for a future car & a present day bike? What's security like? Anybody know anybody living there or hear anything good or bad? What's insulation like heating wise? Are balconies on top-floor shared or is there a wall divider between each?

Viking Wharf.
    Is there any issues like cracking or vibrations from trains passing up & down? As above, is there anything dodgy going on I should be aware of? Is the parking spaces in front of train station or do you drive in under the barrier/archway?
    Have they ever been flooded given they're below river-level?
    What's the insulation in them like? Is it oil, storage (expensive?) or gas?
    Any other issues i should be wondering about?

Abbey Square Apartaments.
    Ondly recently heard of these ones. Presume they're over where Supervalu is? Sizewise what's the deal? Any good or bad things heard about them? Easy access? Good security? Anything I should be noting?

If you have any other recommendations in the town like Castle St. etc., I'd love to hear from you via a post here or a PM.
    Is it worth making a Sticky? If so MOD can edit this post for to make proper Sticky.
    Ta in advance folks.
    The Big-D.

Advertisement