Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making an arcade stick - Where can I get a case made?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 7:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭

Hey lads! I know I've posted before about wanting to get a stick made but I haven't taken any steps towards until now. Anyway, to start off, I thought it would be a good idea to get a couple cases made (as I'll be making two sticks).

Since I don't know much about sticks, I've decided to basically recreate the TE edition stick so Sanwa buttons and stick and I'm hoping to get the case made to the same dimensions as the TE stick.

I'm aware that I can get the dimensions handy off the net and the parts should be easy enough. Like Kiki did, I'll also be making it triple compatible (X360, PS3 and PC).

So I have it all planned out but I'm stuck at the case making part so I was wondering if anyone here knows of someone who does these things specifically or know any good metal workers who could do it? Another thing as well, if it were to be made to the same dimensions as the TE stick, will it be able to accommodate both circuit boards?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭meducation

i have realtives who would be excellent at this,
    could you be more specific about the design and button lay out?
    wood or steel?
    or just a copy of the te as close as possible?

I'll try and see if anyone is up for it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Why not just get a Te if your trying to recreate it?

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Well 2 reasons. First is that it'll be more expensive to get a TE compared to the cost of getting parts, case and pads (stick: £25, 8 Buttons: £20.50, X360 and PS3 pads: €45/50).

Actually, yeah, sorry, you're right bush. Way more expensive to make one and those costs are excluding the case. Oh dear :( didn't think it would be that much. Well, I read that you're getting your TE modded to be dual compatible, so could you tell me how to do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Leprekaun wrote: »
    Well 2 reasons. First is that it'll be more expensive to get a TE compared to the cost of getting parts, case and pads (stick: £25, 8 Buttons: £20.50, X360 and PS3 pads: €45/50).

Actually, yeah, sorry, you're right bush. Way more expensive to make one and those costs are excluding the case. Oh dear :( didn't think it would be that much. Well, I read that you're getting your TE modded to be dual compatible, so could you tell me how to do it?

Id say if you have to buy a case it could be expensive alright but at the same time you get something more unique.

I ended up buying a secondhand TE that was already dual modded. Id say it would be handy enough to do yourself though cos I had to fix some of the wiring myself that he done wrong and it wasnt hard.

Theres a thread here on it http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=184787

I just used the diagram in the thread to fix mine.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h201/eastx/arcade%20sticks/mccthulhuandimptotestickdiagram.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭Leprekaun

Cheers! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement