Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying dollar bills...

Options
  • 09-11-2009 8:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I think someone asked similar before, but not about actual cash.
    I need to buy some dollars (cash) as a gift.
    If I were to buy a 100 dollars in the bank, how much commission would they charge on top of the 1.48 : 1 conversion etc. Is the bank the best way? I know there used to be am ulti currency ATM in the airport, are they anywhere else? better than going into a branch? I assume most bank braches have small amounts of US currency on hand?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Is 1.48 the spot rate? I thought the sell rate was about 1.44. Could be wrong. Anyway fior just $100 should not be hard to get anywhere as it a common currency. Just try who you bank with and you might get it commission free.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭100gSoma

Mask wrote: »
    Is 1.48 the spot rate? I thought the sell rate was about 1.44. Could be wrong. Anyway fior just $100 should not be hard to get anywhere as it a common currency. Just try who you bank with and you might get it commission free.

spot rate is possibly 1.44. thanks for this. will try in my local branch and take direct from my own account and maybe I can avoid extra charges. cheers

Advertisement