Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BER exam updates from SEI

• 09-11-2009 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

I pasted this into the thread. Its a breakdown of the SEI's BER examination data so far. I cant believe that the failure rate is 9% so far. It also shows a worrying lack of expertise when it comes to the heating system scores. Maybe the 9% are taxi drivers?

BER Examination Information as of 29th Oct 2009
    Number of exams completed: 1113
    Percentage of candidates that passed (i.e. achieved a total score of ≥70% and ≥50% in each subsection): 91%.
    Of the 9% of candidates who failed the exam 25% got a total score of ≥70% but failed to get ≥50% in each subsection.
    On average the scores for space heating and hot water systems are lower than for other sections of the exam.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 chatterbox007

Based off the number who have sat the exam so far there should be a big drop off the number on the register next year. At the moment there are over 2800 and only 1100 have the exam done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

SilverBER wrote: »
    I pasted this into the thread. Its a breakdown of the SEI's BER examination data so far. I cant believe that the failure rate is 9% so far. It also shows a worrying lack of expertise when it comes to the heating system scores. Maybe the 9% are taxi drivers?

BER Examination Information as of 29th Oct 2009
    Number of exams completed: 1113
    Percentage of candidates that passed (i.e. achieved a total score of ≥70% and ≥50% in each subsection): 91%.
    Of the 9% of candidates who failed the exam 25% got a total score of ≥70% but failed to get ≥50% in each subsection.
    On average the scores for space heating and hot water systems are lower than for other sections of the exam.

I'm finally off to do it today.
    Its curious about the heating systems, but I suppose its where the greatest breadth of knowledge and harder questions seem to be.

That said, with the DEAP manual it shouldn't be that hard.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 help1

Wouldn't it be a help to everyone if they could get the answers to the questions they get wrong in the exam. Chances are they will be wrong in the next exam as well. I certainly can't remember the qestions i got wrong or even right for that matter after i leftthe exam centre. What do u think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

help1 wrote: »
    Wouldn't it be a help to everyone if they could get the answers to the questions they get wrong in the exam. Chances are they will be wrong in the next exam as well. I certainly can't remember the qestions i got wrong or even right for that matter after i leftthe exam centre. What do u think?

TBH there are a few I came across which I would love to know the answer to.

any way of getting the answers to all the questions. Think it might help everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Bhoypaul

help1 wrote: »
    any way of getting the answers to all the questions. Think it might help everyone.

My take is that it would only help people pass the exam and not prove that people were competent to do the assessments.

The exam questions come from a database of about 500 questions. If they gave out the correct answers it wouldn't be long before people new the correct answers but not why they are correct.

TRUE.

Advertisement