Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people cheat when playing the game?

Options
  • 09-11-2009 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭

Do you use the "cheats" or do you just play the game as it is suppose to be played?

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I go through phases. Sometimes I like to play the old-fashioned way, and build everything up from scratch. Other time, I cheat the shít out of it. I am bad for cheating to get friends though. I don't have the patience to make loads of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

The last game I had in Sims2, I cheated and had a really great place with all the best stuff :o so I think I will go back and play the game the way it is supposed to be played :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

being totally honest, i think all sims players have cheated at least once! i can admit to it in sims 2 for sure, but for sims 3 i feel cheating totally takes away the elements that they've added into the game

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Used to cheat - money of course! Sims 2 didn't so much (although did make plenty of use of the age reversal drink...). Sims 3, I just haven't had the time to invest in, but have stayed honest........so far.

🤪

Being honest with the game (sims2) the only cheat I used to use was the money cheat, just find it so hard to not use it... but I am going to try!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 WhiteChocolate

With sims 3 i use the "testingcheatsenabled" cheat and i make them happy all the time! :rolleyes:
    I hate trying to keep everyone happy lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭SeekUp

I used to cheat a lot more than I do now. If I can cheat to get what I want, it's not nearly as fun. Occasionally I'll cheat to kill someone in a more interesting way though.

• Registered Users Posts: 902 ✭✭✭Cows Go µ

I only really cheat to get money but I nearly always regret it because I find the game a lot more boring when cheating

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Skinfull

Sometimees the money cheat, sometimes the "make babies clickable" cheat, sometimes to delete NPC's (coz they keep kicking over my bin grrr!) sometimes no cheats at all. Depends on what kind of game I'm in the mood for. Though more often than not I use the "clickable baby" cheat coz I hate going to bed only THEN for the baby to **** itself or soemthing! LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭coldwood92

back in the days of The sims

I used to

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

coldwood92 wrote: »
    back in the days of The sims

I used to

and what about now? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Allison91

I don't, but I don't know any cheats. I've only really started playing.
    *goes looking for cheats*:D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 MedlyObsidian

It depends. Usually right when I get a new expansion pack I'll cheat a lot because I'm impatient and want to find all the new cool stuff. I don't just cheat for money either, I'll use boolprop to and keep my sims constantly green so they can just sit there and earn talent badges or do work I want them to do.

But once I've seen everything I'll sit back and play for real.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

I've only got The Sims and The Sims:Bustin' Out.

Never cheated!

Something to sort out babies would be good!
    They can get annoying. Once I got annoyed and didn't bother looking after it, then let social services take the baby away! :eek:
    I stopped playing after that and thought about what I had done.

*sobs greatly*

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    I've only got The Sims and The Sims:Bustin' Out.

Never cheated!

Something to sort out babies would be good!
    They can get annoying. Once I got annoyed and didn't bother looking after it, then let social services take the baby away! :eek:
    I stopped playing after that and thought about what I had done.

*sobs greatly*

You can actually call to get your them back! You have to wait a while after your child was taken, though, or else the social worker gets upset. Then just pick up the phone to adopt a child and pick whatever age range your child was when they were taken away. It's the luck of the draw, but there's a chance that you might get your child back!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

SeekUp wrote: »
    You can actually call to get your them back! You have to wait a while after your child was taken, though, or else the social worker gets upset. Then just pick up the phone to adopt a child and pick whatever age range your child was when they were taken away. It's the luck of the draw, but there's a chance that you might get your child back!

That's gas :pac:

What if you don't get your kid though? You end up with some fat loser kid. Every kid I've adopted has been fat and ugly. So I've stopped adopting. Screw helping abandoned kids :p

I was about to try and go to bed early...but think I shall look up cheats for the craic and give them a go!!!

:D

I think I will start again and actually try no cheats :eek:

Can't find any good cheats or ones that will work. Feicin' crappy odd looking websites >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭PeteK*

It depends. Usually right when I get a new expansion pack I'll cheat a lot because I'm impatient and want to find all the new cool stuff. I don't just cheat for money either, I'll use boolprop to and keep my sims constantly green so they can just sit there and earn talent badges or do work I want them to do.

But once I've seen everything I'll sit back and play for real.

Why not use the cheat to give them all talent badges? All = Yourself and employees! :pac:

ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Can't find any good cheats or ones that will work. Feicin' crappy odd looking websites >.<

GameWinners.com

• Advertisement

Alicat wrote: »
    That's gas :pac:

What if you don't get your kid though? You end up with some fat loser kid. Every kid I've adopted has been fat and ugly. So I've stopped adopting. Screw helping abandoned kids :p

Then you whip those kiddies into shape!! Get that military obstacle course! Salads for dinner! And when they get upset and angry with you, they'll just run away from home.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,264 ✭✭✭✭Alicat

I've been playing a non-cheat game now for about two weeks. I'm really proud of myself too :D

I started this couple off as young adults, turned up the lifespan and just worked their little butts off. They now have a lovely house, a new baby, a thriving vegetable garden, a pool and they have both reached the top level of their careers. She's a top-notch chef and he's an astronaut who only works one day a week! :D

Go me! \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Libragrrl

Oh yeah, I use cheats. When my Sims have a ****-ton to do, I don't let them sleep, ever. :D

Unless, I want some hours to pass by, then I'll make them tired and sleep for a while. :D

And the money cheat? You bet I use that as well. :D

Advertisement