Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

6 weeks in thailand training

• 09-11-2009 9:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muay82

Hey heading to thailand for 6 weeks at christmas have been loads of times before but only been into muay thai since the sart of last year been to wmc sumai a cople of times june last year for a week and the sart of this year for 2 weeks found a gym now in austraila and train 4 times a week in a good fighters gym and hope have my first fight while im in thailand as i am sarting feel that i am at that level .Dont relly have much of an intest in going back koh sumai not that wmcs bad but to many people go there now was thinking of checking out sitjaipetch after a few days at 13 coins but can not find many reveiws relly am not a big fan of pattaya but better than big bad bangers and puket and koh sumai are a bit to pricey for my likeing my trainers ar in thailand atm and hope fully they can give a few reviews of the gyms they go to but it would be a real good help if any one could let me know of they exprence of any good gyms worth checking out that are not full of tourests i am especially interested in Sitjaipetch or any gym that gets a few paddys from time to time Cheers lads :D:D:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ramboduke

hi trainned at sitjaipetch gym twice i spent 7 weeks there in may and aprl this year really enjoyed the training great pad work and all the personal attention you could want they can arrange fights for you depending on your level for your first fight to fighting pro in the statium in pattaya contact craig o'flynn throw the website or vinny who is in pattaya there is a lad heading to that gym for one month from my gym in galway seama martial arts so at least there will be one paddy plus craig the gym owner will be there and he will give you all the help he can great gym great people cant wait to head back for the year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

Sorry to jump in on the thread lads, but roughly how much would a trip like this cost?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

If you're careful with your money you could do 6 weeks for 2 grand including flights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭corkthai

ha ha...two grand..you must be joking..in pattaya :)

say 800 for flight
    training 500 for month (inc accomodation ??) not sure of sjp prices
    extra food 10/20 per day x 30 = 300/600
    taxis 100

month in pattaya - priceless :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,485 ✭✭✭✭Khannie

corkthai wrote: »
    ha ha...two grand..you must be joking..in pattaya :)

The islands are a lot more expensive alright. I've never been to Pattaya, but I found Samui a big leap up in price compared to the mainland.

I went up north for my first trip. Was tight enough for cash at the time. All in for 3 weeks (food, travel, some boozing :D, training and accommodation) it was only 1500, 800 of which was flights. Now I was watching the money a bit, but jesus, there was a lad in the camp I was at who had basically run out of money and he was getting by on 3 euro a day for food and accommodation!!!! (he had already paid for his training up front).

If I was on a budget and wanted to max out the time I was there I'd be looking for somewhere good to train that was in the north.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muay82

thanks every one for the info sitjaipetch sounds good like a place that has a family feel to it mabe might going to thailand for the 17th of dec till the 31 .yea i been to pattaya before so i will have see how long i can last before i go spare just have keep away for the women and the beer lol well mabe a cople of beers but no sabi sabi .anyway i will see what happens .does any one know any good hotels near there for like 300 to 800 baht ?or would i be better get an apartment or would that be a bad idea in case i want leave pattaya after a cople of weeks since i would think that you can only get a apartment monthly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 muay82

yea we run 5k before training plus i work in in concrete and pipelaying and go training at 6 as soon as i finish work get leave at 6 and get home at round 830 so spose as good as i can prepare will sart doing hill runing on sundays but i know matter what i do my legs will be like lead after the first 2 days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 117 ✭✭illeagles_mcc

hi lads.
    trawlin through threads here, i train bjj/mma and karate here in sligo. love the muay thai but there is no club anywhere near here. would i be absolutely nuts to go over and train for 3 or 4 weeks... iv read in another thread that it would probably be more beneficial if i had a bit of experience before hand, but would the trainin im doin be sufficient? would have no problem travellin up n down the country once a week if it was gonna make that much of a difference. not really interested in goin over partyin, just wanna do somethin a bit different! any advice etc greatly appreciated.
    cheers lads

Advertisement