Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finding a C dev job with an unusual experience/CV?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I'd agree with the poster above that mentions OOP being over sold at times, its not the be all and end all. For example I find some students coming out of university can't program a state machine, one of the most useful things in programming.

As an earlier poster has said OOP is very good for re-use of code, not just your code any ones code, for example java comes with a massive code base. The classes that come with java have been tried and tested many times over. Say your working on an application that requires encryption, where would you start? would you code from scratch? try find a "c" library to do it for you?

I would encourage you to do an OOP course with an open mind, then decide if you never want to use it. Cause with in a couple of weeks you'll be able to do so much.

Advertisement