Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gillette - 9 months of shaving for €24.99

• 09-11-2009 10:45am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I picked up one of these in a local pharmacy and no doubt it will be nationwide. There are 2 choices:

Gillette Fusion Blades Value Pack includes 12 Gillette Fusion Blades and Gillette After The Shave Moisturiser or Gillette Fusion Blades 12 pack with Gillette Fusion Razor

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

The same deal is also available in Dunnes for the Mach 3 but with 15 blades.
    Great stuff indeed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Jaysus, 12 blades would last me about 3 years!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭PomBear

Great deal, Blades are ridiculuosly overpriced

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Soarer wrote: »
    Jaysus, 12 blades would last me about 3 years!:o
    I reckon the 9 months is a shaving everyday thing. This should last well over a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

thanks for the info on this lads. This combined with my razor pit should do me for a long time..and I'm a hairy bas*ard :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Oh result! I need thing badly, will be collecting on the way home this evening :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

So you can pick these up in any chemist or Dunnes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭kazzer

Bit of a gimmick to be honest. If you work out the price of buying the blades on their own it works out the same price as this mickey mouse bundle.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

kazzer wrote: »
    Bit of a gimmick to be honest. If you work out the price of buying the blades on their own it works out the same price as this mickey mouse bundle.
    4 pack is about €10. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Nice find OP. This will come in handy when Movember finishes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

that deal is ok but this is better, in dunnes they have on offer Fusion razor with free blades for 9.69, in a combi pack.

so in total you get 5 blades, 4 in the pack one with each razor.

15 blades 3 razors = 29.07

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

that deal is ok but this is better, in dunnes they have on offer Fusion razor with free blades for 9.69, in a combi pack.

No moisturiser tho...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭nevaeh-2die-4

Bill-e wrote: »
    No moisturiser tho...

men dont need moisturiser, thats for women!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

men dont need moisturiser, thats for women!!!

If you're making that quantity of blades last 9 months you'll need the moisturiser! I could never get more than 6 shaves from one Fusion cartridge.

4 pack is about €10. :rolleyes:
    Woah. You saved €5. Thats got to be Bargain Alert of the Century! I cant contain myself with this and other recent alerts such as "€1.50 Meatballs at Subway" :D

Good man nevaeh-2die-4, thanks for posting that price comparison. See where I'm coming from OP? Theres nothing special about this offer. Come on, did you really want that free shaving balm? Or were you just hooked by Gilettes clever marketing? 9 months of shaving - you have to be kidding me! :D

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 40,351 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks for the info KAL
    I could never get more than 6 shaves from one Fusion cartridge.
    You are meant to just shave your face! :D

Woah. You saved €5. Thats got to be Bargain Alert of the Century! I cant contain myself with this and other recent alerts such as "€1.50 Meatballs at Subway" :D

Good man nevaeh-2die-4, thanks for posting that price comparison. See where I'm coming from OP? Theres nothing special about this offer. Come on, did you really want that free shaving balm? Or were you just hooked by Gilettes clever marketing? 9 months of shaving - you have to be kidding me! :D
    No I dont as I actually made an error saying you would get 4 blades for €10. But I cant wait until you post a BA ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Stubble is the in thing..... Buy a stubble razor!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

No way one of those blades will last a month. Two weeks shaving every day for me and at that stage its hacking. Tried the new Wilkson sword quattro and they are just as bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

D

I disagree, lots of people are unemployed and appreciate cheap food offers and €5 savings. Anyway same as any other topic why not just ignore it if it's not of interest or of use to you.

• Advertisement

sunnyside wrote: »
    I disagree, lots of people are unemployed and appreciate cheap food offers and €5 savings. Anyway same as any other topic why not just ignore it if it's not of interest or of use to you.

Well let me fill you in then. Sometimes 'bargain alerts' are posted, that turn out to be not so hot. So I'm just filling you in. Not trolling or arguing for the sake of it. Get my drift? Likewise if you dont want to take my post on board, feel free to move along.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9299

Buying for months-never had a problam,free shippping from hong kong(dont ask me how)Buy 3 packs(12 razors) for $24(€16),cant go wrong,delivery takes 10 days,better to buy in bulk 5+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dovers

dannyo666 wrote: »
    http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9299

Buying for months-never had a problam,free shippping from hong kong(dont ask me how)Buy 3 packs(12 razors) for $24(€16),cant go wrong,delivery takes 10 days,better to buy in bulk 5+

These are fake mach 3 blades (albeit very good fakes)

I bought a load of these on Moore st last year, look identical in every way. But alas they are not. They'll cut the face off ya due to the cheap fake moisturising strip. If the back of the blade (bit where it attaches) is blank then its fake. I think the real ones have a small gilette marking at this point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Using a double edge razor is sooooo much cheaper. 10 pack of blades for around €4 (Less for some brands).

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭dannyo666

Cant say ive had that problem,granted they are fake but they do the job just as good,it seems the first shave is not a smooth as the real deal but thats about the only difference i find

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Woah. You saved €5. Thats got to be Bargain Alert of the Century! I cant contain myself with this and other recent alerts such as "€1.50 Meatballs at Subway"

For that price, you could buy a pint.

Therefore your argument is invalid.

Q.E.D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭docdolittle

For that price, you could buy a pint.

Therefore your argument is invalid.

Q.E.D.
    Or 5 bottles of miller.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

9 months of free shaving for €0??

Grow a beard! Ares ye's men or mice...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Dovers

dannyo666 wrote: »
    Cant say ive had that problem,granted they are fake but they do the job just as good,it seems the first shave is not a smooth as the real deal but thats about the only difference i find

Have a few shaves with the fake ones then have a few with the real one. You will notice the difference. Plus you'll only get max two shaves (well i did) on the fake ones, whereas the real you can get five + on the real ones. Ya get what ya pay for its the usual story

• Advertisement

[mod edit-Blade] Less of that kazzer

Advertisement