Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motörhead in Olympia Last Night

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:18am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else go? What did yis think?
    I thought it was brilliant despite the vocal issues/breaks.
    Thankfully he stuck out the 90 mins despite the sore throat or whatever (surely he should have had a few hot totties?). A lot of people left before the encores for some reason.
    I thought Overkill was excellent as was Iron Fist.

Funny, myself and a mate were up in the Circle and a young fella in front was texting his g/f (based on all the xxxxs). Anyhow he first texted "am at a concert" and a few minutes later he was texting something like "a band like the Smiths" - jayusus, the youth of today! :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭Sunset V

kbannon wrote: »
    Anyone else go? What did yis think?
    I thought it was brilliant despite the vocal issues/breaks.
    Thankfully he stuck out the 90 mins despite the sore throat or whatever (surely he should have had a few hot totties?). A lot of people left before the encores for some reason.
    I thought Overkill was excellent as was Iron Fist.

Funny, myself and a mate were up in the Circle and a young fella in front was texting his g/f (based on all the xxxxs). Anyhow he first texted "am at a concert" and a few minutes later he was texting something like "a band like the Smiths" - jayusus, the youth of today! :confused:

They don't know their arse from their elbow these youths!:D

Yeah I thought Lemmy battled away superbly, He was in no state to do that gig and fair play for sticking to it, a night off is what he needed. I thought for some of the songs during the set there was a vocal track behind what he was singing. Still Phil stepped up to the plate and sang when needed too. Overkill was phenomenal, best tune of the night and great to see Bomber brought back. There seemed to be a change of setlist after Lemmy took the five minute break early on.

Ah well, just underlines how awesome Motorhead are I guess. Great gig!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Overkill was genius. I was worried when Lemmy disappeared off and the guitar solo started but the man is a legend if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

kbannon wrote: »

Anyhow he first texted "am at a concert" and a few minutes later he was texting something like "a band like the Smiths"

Anyone could make that mistake!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh thats just nasty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shocking to think Lemmy is 63.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

Yes, it was deadly despite the problems. Fair play to Lemmy for sticking it out, looks like the Belfast gig is going ahead tonight as well.

Much better than the last time I saw them in the Ambassador

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Have to say, for me it wasn't a patch on last year's Ambassador gig. Thought it was going to turn into a complete disaster with the poor unfortunate guitarist trying to keep the crowds spirits up when Lemmy exited but fair play to the them they managed to salvage the second half. I thought the sound was atrocious earlier on too which didn't help - the dummer was absolutely brilliant though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

Yeah I was there-really enjoyed it.Well worth the journey.Well done lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭crótach

I left, it was simply too sad and painful to watch him suffer on stage.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Was Mikkey Dee playin'?? I heard Matt Sorum was fillin in for him while he was on some Swedish gameshow. Excellent drummer btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭klingklang

Gridlock wrote: »
    Was Mikkey Dee playin'?? I heard Matt Sorum was fillin in for him while he was on some Swedish gameshow. Excellent drummer btw
    Mikkey Dee played - absolute trooper.

Advertisement