Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tower Records Wicklow Street Royal Ripoff

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Captain Flaps

There are two percieved issues here.
    The first is the blatent overpricing of Blu-Rays in Tower which the PM is spot on about, and which is a fact, I actually decided to check this out for myself two weekends ago.
    The second issue is the Till Grunt comment. OK, he was calling the particular guy with whom he was dealing with in Tower a till grunt, not every shop assistant in the country. Maybe he could have been a little more sympathetic. But rude shop assistants are one of my pet hates too.
    There needs to be a small bit of perspective on this forum. It is in fact the Rip Off Ireland forum.

No arguments with the BluRay overpricing, and I know now not to go to Tower for a BluRay. In that respect, the OP is totally spot on for highlighting the issue, and has successfully made his point.

My main issue with his argument is that he seems to think that impolite clerks (in fairness he did mention that the other clerk he dealt with was grand) have anything to do with a certain item being overpriced.

BluRays are expensive in Tower, when the same can be got in the likes of HMV for a cheaper price. That's all that's really relevant here, the rest is at best superfluous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

My local one is an absolute disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

If I had any interest in engaging you in this, I'd hop into Tower on the way home and find a CD with a lower sticker price than it had in HMV.

And I bet I wouldn't have any problem finding it either.
    Not on Blu-Ray you won't.:p

Not on Blu-Ray you won't.:p

Well yeah, music doesn't tend to come on BDs.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Biffo The Bare

Well yeah, music doesn't tend to come on BDs.
    What does music got to do with it?
    I dont think the PM is interested in the music argument as he said in a previous post. Anything other than BDs is irrelevant to this thread.
    Maybe you should start up a new Tower CD thread in "Bargain Alerts" instead of confusing the issue here.:o

• Advertisement

What does music got to do with it?
    I dont think the PM is interested in the music argument as he said in a previous post. Anything other than BDs is irrelevant to this thread.
    Maybe you should start up a new Tower CD thread in "Bargain Alerts" instead of confusing the issue here.:o

Nothing at all, I was being an ass.

You're exactly right. The price of BDs is the only relevant thing in this thread, staff and the other issues raised by the OP are unecessary. I just got annoyed at the his gloating attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Jesus i did'nt even know they where still open. Why anyone would shop there is beyond me :eek:

Advertisement