Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest Loans

Options
  • 09-11-2009 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if there should be a sticky to show the cheapest personal/car/mortgage loans available out there at the minute. Would be very handy.

For personal loans I've been looking at the website - www.moneyfish.ie

Anyone any other recommendations for personal loan comparisons or else just cheap loans available at the minute from the various banks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

I would be put off by a site that lists Tesco Loans at 6.9% on the home page. (Tesco stopped doing loans about 12 months ago!)
    I checked a rate out at random and it was wrong - BOI Loan rate for 22k is 9.6% APR fixed not 9.9% as per Moneyfish.
    This page might be more accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

I seen they were wrong with their Tesco loans.

However, that site you just linked to is also wrong.

If you go on to the AIB site, they are cheaper than the recorded BOI cost of credit per your site (€4,558 v €5,547).

Anyone else got any correct comparison sites?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Actually, www.itsyourmoney.ie looks like a decent site

• Registered Users Posts: 1,844 ✭✭✭Ogham

However, that site you just linked to is also wrong.

If you go on to the AIB site, they are cheaper than the recorded BOI cost of credit per your site (€4,558 v €5,547).

?

The site I gave was for Fixed Rate Loans - AIB don't do Fixed Rate Loans - so the figures are correct.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,920 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Actually, www.itsyourmoney.ie looks like a decent site

It is good, but I've noticed that sometimes they can be a bit slow to update their info when banks change rates etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement