Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's Aion like at later levels

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

Hi,

I bought this last Friday and am now at level 13 and really like the game, espeically love how you can mostly just use the keyboards, means I can sit with my feet up.

Anyway, what is this game like at levels 25 and above? Can you just log on for an hour and get some solo xp done like in World of warcraft or do you have to be in group to get anything in the later stages (like ffxi after level 10)?

So far really enjoying it but interested to heat what it's like later on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

I'm stuck at L27 and kinda lost interest in playing,
    not sure now I'f I will keep paying to renew subscription or
    just go back to playing my other online game fulltime.

I like to do solo content while leveling toons and leave grouping until
    I reach level cap and can do end game content.

Playing a Ranger which is most enjoyable and better and better
    with each level.

Problem was that once I hit L27 I kinda run out of Solo quests,
    and between L27-L29 the quests are in the Abyss which after the initial ones
    force you to group to complete. Added to the fact the client keeps crashing
    once there are lots of players in the same area it sucks.

Its torture when all I currently have is repeatable quests that are boring and dont
    give much XP after you complete them the first time and doing a plain and simple
    grind grind grind to all the way to L30.

The next batch of solo quests that I can do I need to be L30 to start them,
    and only areas I've not gone to yet are all over L30 to start quests.

~B

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I got sick of the grinding by level 14, so i couldnt really tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

It's a mixture of solo and group quests, you can solo ofc if you just grind on some mobs, but IMO the grouping is what makes it enjoyable, i.e. doing instances like NTC or FT or in the forts. Lvl 37 atm. And lol to lvl 14 grind, things shouldn't come too easy. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

The game sucks, theres bugger all Quest XP post 30, the further you go the wider the gap gets between the XP you need and that you gain from mobs and from Q's.

The instances are shockingly designed, and weak beyond belief. The botting is ridiculous. Its a good looking Korean Grind MMO localised to the West with feck all content, and will be the next Lineage 2 in notime flat.

1-30 is good fun, it all tends to fall apart thereafter. You cant play fortress sieges with a 64bit OS as the memory leak crashes you out every few mins, RMT and botting is rampant.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,942 ✭✭✭Mac daddy

My Assassin is Level 36 at the moment but man it's a long ass grinding getting to 36 so far.

Prior to 25 as a assassin is horrible -
    After 25 it speeds up, quest from 25 to 30 are some what limited and lacking so you guessed it lots of grinding.
    The only instance you do is NTC which has a 18hour lockout.. crap loot

From 30 to 35 I stayed in the abyss lots of ganking, bots, and random pvp.
    I'm back in Hierom at the moment doing quest again bored of the constant air combat as a assassin your better of as a caster.

I have done Fire Temple about 60+ times for my daggger finaly got it not going back to it again, fort timed instance are alright I suppose.

Half way done with 36 bugger all quest left I will have to grind out another 9Million + XP

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mac daddy wrote: »
    My Assassin is Level 36 at the moment but man it's a long ass grinding getting to 36 so far.

Prior to 25 as a assassin is horrible -
    After 25 it speeds up, quest from 25 to 30 are some what limited and lacking so you guessed it lots of grinding.
    The only instance you do is NTC which has a 18hour lockout.. crap loot

From 30 to 35 I stayed in the abyss lots of ganking, bots, and random pvp.
    I'm back in Hierom at the moment doing quest again bored of the constant air combat as a assassin your better of as a caster.

I have done Fire Temple about 60+ times for my daggger finaly got it not going back to it again, fort timed instance are alright I suppose.

Half way done with 36 bugger all quest left I will have to grind out another 9Million + XP
    That just sounds horrible. Kinda glad i gave it up early on.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭neilk32

aionxpcurve.jpg

seen this on another forum not that i would ever go near the game =]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

morgana wrote: »
    It's a mixture of solo and group quests, you can solo ofc if you just grind on some mobs, but IMO the grouping is what makes it enjoyable, i.e. doing instances like NTC or FT or in the forts. Lvl 37 atm. And lol to lvl 14 grind, things shouldn't come too easy. :P

I don't mind the grind. I use to love ffxi but there was no chance of soloing it after level 10. During the week I usually play 1-1.5 hours. In ffxi you could log on for that length of time and not get a group.

I like to leave grouping till the weekend when I have the time but during the week I solo.

In Aion would I be able to sologrind during the week and group play at the weekend at later levels?

I don't think mmo's should be too easy, no sense of achievement if they are.
    Anyway looking forward to ffxiv, hope they get the group/solo balance right this time.

If you were able to solo play in ffxi past level 10 I would still be playing today. Best contriols by far didn't have to touch the mouse.

Advertisement