Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nuvi 660 charger parts needed

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭

The top of my car charger is missing (the end that you put in the cigarette lighter) fuse, spring and the metal "nipple"?? are gone. Any body know if I can get those parts or do I have to buy a new cable.

It's for a Nuvi 660

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I had something similiar happen to me with a mobile phone charger. I went into a Euro 2 shop and bought a cheap cigarette socket extension thing (€2!), and took the bit I needed off that. The "nipple", spring and fuse, is held on with a nut that screws onto the body of the charger. You may find something that will do.

Failing that, have a look at this one on Amazon - £4.99 plus £4.50 p&p.

Or, this one on ebay uk, for £4.99 plus £2.00 for p&p.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭skibum

Thanks for the links!
    Going to go for the one on amazon, looks to be slightly better quality and seems to have a couple of positive reviews.

While I'm on a roll, any links for good quality replacement batteries, as I only get about 30 minutes when fully charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭mrmac

I think I spotted them on ebay, from hong kong, but can't remember off-hand.
    I'll have a look tomorrow (or later today :) )

tbh - I haven't a clue how long mine would last on battery power, it's always plugged in.

Advertisement