Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Apartments in Dublin Centre

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Hi All,

First posting here, I am thinking of buying a new APT in dublin city centre, open to location but need a bit of help. Budget is approx 200k and A two bed would be nice in a safe location. Apt is for a professional. Good commuter facilities would be needed.

My specific question, any recommendation of good new apts that are selling well and well constructed? or more important any new apts to avoid due to NAMA or possibly losing deposit etc etc.

Plenty of apts on daft but Adamstown too far, needs to be near city centre and in good location.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Have a look at Herberton behind St James' hospital. 2 beds for 199k but you could probably haggle them down. Have heard mostly good things about it and the apartments seemed well built when I looked at them last year. I'm holding out til next year myself, though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭uncanny

rjos12 wrote: »
    Hi All,

First posting here, I am thinking of buying a new APT in dublin city centre, open to location but need a bit of help.

Whatever you do, only buy an apartment that conforms to the current planning regulations.

http://www.dublincity.ie/Planning/DublinCityDevelopmentPlan/Documents/Variation_No_21_Adopted_Wording.pdf

Most of the fkn shyte that was built from 1995 to 2007 is greed fueled crap that is only suitable for the wrecking ball.

Advertisement