Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

christ sake christ church!

Options
  • 09-11-2009 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

was staying in hardy's church on saturday night there an from about eight in the morning the bells of what i assume was christ church were ringing for basicly hours on end, with brief spaces in between! whats the deal there is this normal for a sunday morning because we liked the hotel but wouldn't stay there if that was the normal wake up call!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

What d'ya expect it's Sunday morning theres church services.
    Don't stay beside a church if ya can't cope with bell ringing ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭happyfriday

I think it does this pretty much every day, they always seem to be going whenever I pass. I know a few people who live around that area and according to them you get used to it. Not sure I would.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭latenia

I used to live off Francis St and Sunday mornings with a hangover were torturous. It's not just Christchurch, but St Patrick's, St Nicholas', St Catherine's etc etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Cadiz

Oh dear, I sympathise, and I can see how you might pick that place to stay without realising quite how bad it is!

I lived right opposite Christchurch for a year. I love the sound of bells, but Christchurch bells can ring for half an hour at a time and it does seem endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭kujosHeist

I just feel sorry for the poor fella who has to ring it! ha but yeah thats grand at least it wasn't just my ears ringing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

latenia wrote: »
    I used to live off Francis St and Sunday mornings with a hangover were torturous. It's not just Christchurch, but St Patrick's, St Nicholas', St Catherine's etc etc...

Can heard all them myself along with the ones down by me aswell, 19 years and I've gotten used to them mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Can heard all them myself along with the ones down by me aswell, 19 years and I've gotten used to them mind you.

Bloody bells woke me up there Sunday morning. Hope it doesn't take me 19 years to get used to them!

Advertisement