Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIVERPOOL V BIRMINGHAM MATCH THREAD [Mod Warning Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

super-rush wrote: »
    I have never been as disappointed in my life. What more could we do?

Defend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Hard earned point. Good stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Headshot wrote: »
    well done birmingham but ye were robbed
    Oh stop being silly. They where lucky they did'nt get hammered.

• Moderators Posts: 8,728 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Unlucky to Birmingham. Small teams never get anything against the big teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Stekelly wrote: »
    Or quite possibly more.

yeah thats possible

united could well be playing liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭daveyboy_1ie

Bandit12 wrote: »
    At least ;)

And united would not get any penalties, both real and imaginary ones :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Can't say we're boring :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

And they say United fans don't feel threatened by Liverpool :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭ImJohn

What a joke. I'm seriously pissed off at the moment. Who should take the blame? meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

FearDark wrote: »
    If this game was being played in Old Trafford there would be at least 9 mins added time.
    Giving Man Utd a golden chance to score yet another goal and make it 5-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

In summary, the result was probably fair but the manner in which it was achieved was not. Have to feel sorry for Birmingham.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I hope the mods are watching this thread.

Starting to think Lloyd had a point in the mod thread over the weekend.

Helix wrote: »
    yeah thats possible

united could well be playing liverpool

Agreed , Rooney does love a good dive. Being against Liverpool would be a dream for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    Well annoyed

Birmingham were robbed by the usual suspects complete disgrace
    Its pure liverpools luck

Birminghams defence was outstanding
    They deserve the 3 points but id say they will be happy with the 1
    And on this whopper i'll say goodnight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

Liverpool scored 1 legitimate goal, Birmingham scored 2. Birmingham were robbed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 417 ✭✭randomname

ImJohn wrote: »
    What a joke. I'm seriously pissed off at the moment. Who should take the blame? meh.

Rafa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

True, but unlucky that a Liverpool player cheated. C'est la vie, and after that dive (feels weird saying this) a draw was deserved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Stekelly wrote: »
    Yeah it's not like football has a system of punishing players for misbehaving, maybe they should look into something like a yellow card/red card system. If they could invent some way of stopping a player from playign a set number of games as punishment it might be another radical idea. I cant possibly see how they could go about implementing somethign liek that though.

This is why it has never been implemented. In certain countries it is seen as a 'craft' to con the ref. Its actually nigh on impossible to eradicate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ImJohn wrote: »

The defenders for not doing their job and the attackers for not sticking it in the onion bag at the bazillion opportunities they had

Although its unfair to say that as Birminghams defenders had a good game, bus parking wise:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

ESPN were saying someone put 3,000 on birmingham to win when Ngog scored
    odds 60/1

They said 3k was matched on Birmingham. This means the total of all the amounts on the exchange bet at 1-0 was 3k. Not that one individual placed a 3k bet.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

not good enough.

sorry, but it's not.

we had all the ball, all the pressure, but when did we carve them open?

i'm sick of this.

yes, it was a wonder strike from Jerome.

but we needed an horrendous penalty decision to score.

we would not have otherwise.

how many saves did hart make?

resorting to kuyt crosses to 2/3 attackers versus 9/10 defenders.

not an ounce of imagination apart from johnson out wide, and n'gog up front.

i'm depressed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

for the love of jesus someone justify why rafa is in a job. Now those liverpool fans who are gonna come defend him. Look at our results for the last 3 months. End of argument, sack him if we're that strapped for cash then i'll pay for his plane ticket to spain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

EF wrote: »
    Did you put this bet on Boggles? Post 74

No. :(

daithijjj wrote: »
    This is why it has never been implemented. In certain countries it is seen as a 'craft' to con the ref. Its actually nigh on impossible to eradicate.

No, it's actually really simple. Ban people.

FIFA , UEFA , national Fa's etc run football, not the players who feel it's an art to dive.

Use video evidence and retrospectively ban players until they stop doing it.

Some people thought knee high tackles with studs was an art

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

I don't think i can watch roadrunner ever again after this thread :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Intriguing game and result. Reira and Yossi potentially out with hamstrings. Gerrard maybe coming back. Torres still out.

Need Gerrard to stay fit, Aquiliani to get fit, and some serious performances from Babel and Ngog (who was excellent), to get out of this rut. At this stage, they are in danger of freefall. They need to turn this around quick. I do genuinely think that Liverpool are utterly out of the title race, and need to focus on getting 4th. 11 points behind first place is game over. But they are now behind the other contenders for 4th place, so need to step up or else they'll have a real fight on their hands.

If they can turn it around quick, they should be relatively safe, but if this spirals, who knows what could happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Pighead wrote: »
    Giving Man Utd a golden chance to score yet another goal and make it 5-0.

yeah you really hammered Brum at Old Trafford :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Iang87 wrote: »
    for the love of jesus someone justify why rafa is in a job. Now those liverpool fans who are gonna come defend him. Look at our results for the last 3 months. End of argument, sack him if we're that strapped for cash then i'll pay for his plane ticket to spain

Does last season count as a reason?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

lol at all the children being all triumphalist in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Boggles wrote: »
    No. :(

Pity, cant win 'em all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Ouch Rofl Benitez has his flight to Spain booked already. I wonder what reputable newspaper will report his sacking first in the morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Birminghams defence was excellent, Liverpool created enough chances to win it. The cheating was poor form, diving without any contact what so ever needs to be eliminated from the game. I hope the FA are consistant when they view this. Another 2 points dropped by Liverpool at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

go on carsley, saying it like it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

go one carsley, saying it like it is

What he say?

What he say?

"I never touched him"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭Walsh

In Rafa I Trust.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

He said if he did that he'd be embarrassed and he never got near the player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Lol at all the United fans saying Brum were robbed.

CSKA werent robbed the other day no? When Utd dominated a game and missed loads of chances they were unlucky but seeing as its Liverpool Brum were robbed.:rolleyes:

Great stuff United fans.

5starpool wrote: »
    lol at all the children being all triumphalist in this thread.
    What exactly does that mean?
    Johner wrote: »

CSKA werent robbed the other day no? When Utd dominated a game and missed loads of chances they were unlucky but seeing as its Liverpool Brum were robbed.:rolleyes:

Great stuff United fans.

Leave the whole United/Liverpool thing out of this for once. Anyone who says Birmingham were robbed can have a case as a Liverpool player dived in the box and as a a result a goal was scored from the spot. Made the game 2-2 and Birmingham just might have won away in Anfield. Who's to say they wouldnt have?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,438 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I would have no gripe with ngog facing a ban for that once it followed the same for everyone else, it needs to be stamped out along with encroaching on the ref. As for all the lads here on the soap-boxes; remember Drogba, Ronaldo and so many other pro's that fall over in agony as I walk past the telly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

What he say?

Said he'd be ashamed to go home if he did that.

Danny Murphy calls him a cheat too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

PHB wrote: »
    Ngog (who was excellent),

I saw Ngog do 2 good things all night and one of them was the lead up to the DIVE

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Great stuff United fans.
    Brum were robbed because of a blatant dive.

If you can't see the difference, then, god help ya.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

All I've got to say about this game is that when Dirk Kuyt is bad, he's really ****ing bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Did Boggles put the hard earned on 2-2?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

Great stuff United fans.

What about when they kept pushing on and i do recall a certain Darren Fletcher being fouled in the box which would have been a legitimate penalty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Does no one have comment on how Benetiz got as much space as he did for his goal? Push straight in the back. It goes on, it's cheating, in this game it merely nets off the penalty incident.

As for N'Gogs dive - IMO whilst he dived, it's still a penalty. Carsley impeded his progress (indirect free kick offence) by diving in between him and the ball. N'Gog had nowhere to go, and made the most of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Brum were robbed because of a blatant dive.

If you can't see the difference, then, god help ya.

Brum were lucky not to get thrashed about 7-2. I dont even support Liverpool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

uberwolf wrote: »
    Does no one have comment on how Benetiz got as much space as he did for his goal? Push straight in the back. It goes on, it's cheating, in this game it merely nets off the penalty incident.

As for N'Gogs dive - IMO whilst he dived, it's still a penalty. Carsley impeded his progress (indirect free kick offence) by diving in between him and the ball. N'Gog had nowhere to go, and made the most of it.

what

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    I saw Ngog do 2 good things all night and one of them was the lead up to the DIVE

You missed his goal then?

• Advertisement
Advertisement