Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIVERPOOL V BIRMINGHAM MATCH THREAD [Mod Warning Post #1]

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Fergie said Rooney dived vs Villareal. Rooney admited it too, and apologized to his opponent and to Fergie.

Did Ngog/Rafa appologise? NOPE. They admitted is was 'maybe' not a pen (so not actually saying he dived, or that it wasn't a pen), but Rafa went on to say, basically, that liverpool deserved it and that if it was a dive, oh well, it worked out well for them.

Nothing really to say 'fair play' about imo.

To be fair other managers would have said they didn't see the incident, at least he didn't do that. By not doing so he had little option other to say what he did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Fergie said Rooney dived vs Villareal. Rooney admited it too, and apologized to his opponent and to Fergie.

Did Ngog/Rafa appologise? NOPE. They admitted is was 'maybe' not a pen (so not actually saying he dived, or that it wasn't a pen), but Rafa went on to say, basically, that liverpool deserved it and that if it was a dive, oh well, it worked out well for them.

Nothing really to say 'fair play' about imo.

Yea, I remember that. It was a typical classic Fergie speech "It was uncharacteristic of him." :pac: To be honest I think managers and players should just not mention dving, they always end up with egg on their face and look like hypocrites. While Carsley and Mcleash will have no problem slating Ngog I pretty sure if Birmingham win a peno next week from diving they won't be so critical and will probably say that since they were on the wrong end of it last before it somehow evens itself out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭thorbarry

While Carsley and Mcleash will have no problem slating Ngog I pretty sure if Birmingham win a peno next week from diving they won't be so critical and will probably say that since they were on the wrong end of it last before it somehow evens itself out.

Deffo, remember McGeady diving the week after the Eduardo incident? Hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

Bandit12 wrote: »
    lol at those posters thinking Liverpool are out of the title race. Long season ahead and tbh 11 points is'nt that big a gap to close. Right behind Rafa and the team who where incrediblely unlucky last night. YNWA

You are Joking Right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

orourkeda wrote: »
    You are Joking Right?

it's ok.

every fanbase needs an overly optimistic fan.

it brightens up the place.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

SlickRic wrote: »
    it's ok.

every fanbase needs an overly optimistic fan.

it brightens up the place.

No way man, that's like totally super not allowed.

You have to accept defeat from day one, and bend over and accept your destiny.

**** it, I'll give up only after it's impossible anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 698 ✭✭✭Vampireskiss

Johner wrote: »
    Brum were lucky not to get thrashed about 7-2. I dont even support Liverpool.

yea there was about another 6 dives liverpool didnt gets pens for, so you right

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

that's complete sh1te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,108 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

VK, i tend to see a recurring theme in your posts...

In other news, Johnsons comments in the aftermath of the match;
    "We want to be winning these games and I felt we did more than enough to take three points but it just wasn't meant to be," said Johnson.

"You could say we could have dealt with the first better but (Cameron) Jerome has hit the strike of his life for the second goal.

"We had chances, we dominated the game and you can see everyone was working for the cause. It's just one of those times for us at the minute and we just need to keep working.

"As long as we keep showing the togetherness and passion that we did here, then I'm sure we will come through with a smile on our face.

"The record sounds awful and it is awful for a club like Liverpool. But things like this happen in football. You stick together and keep fighting.

"We have seen in the league that everyone can beat everyone; if someone had told you at the start of the season that we'd win one in nine, you'd have laughed your head off.

"We will just look to get as many points as we can as quickly as possible then have a look at the end of the season and see where we are."
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N166415091110-1104.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

for anyone still trying to say it was a penalty, Ref chief admits it was an errro
    http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5687969,00.html
    Referees' chief Keith Hackett also said he would talk to Walton about his mistake.

Hackett said: "I will be sitting down with Peter on a one-to-one basis, and as a group, to see how we can best deal with this problem, so that errors are reduced.

"We will sit down and go through what the referee could have done to avoid this error. Before I do that I need to look at the various views of the incident on the TV footage to look at the position of the referee.

"I'll tell you this, I know Peter Walton very well and he will be upset when he views the DVD of this particular decision."

Advertisement