Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LIVERPOOL V BIRMINGHAM MATCH THREAD [Mod Warning Post #1]

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

It was going good for around 20 mins but they threw away that lead. For a make-shift side, they're playing o.k but they can't defend, plain and simple.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭eddiehead

Trilla wrote: »
    2-1 Birmingham. Strike from 45 yards (I sh'it you not) from Jerome

Right, I had €20 on Liverpool to lead at HT and go on to win.....but still....lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Bandit12

flanzer wrote: »
    No bad luck about that. That goal came from pure class
    I was'nt taking about the goal. We dominated the whole half and we are going in 1-2 down. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

This is just mental.

We should have scored about 5 goals already.... UGH!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Soby wrote: »
    Boom!!..pick that our...Anfield aint happy

has been very quiet all night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

flanzer wrote: »
    No bad luck about that. That goal came from pure class

Well yeah, but it's pretty unlucky* to be playing against the dude when he binks off the one time out of 50 attempts that that shot flies in!! ;)

I cannot overstate the level of understatement

JPA wrote: »
    Reina at fault no?
    nah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

If we didn't have such bad luck we would have no luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

FERFUXAKE!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

Reina at fault no?
    He was miles out of his goals, he likes to go on a roam around. Obviously wasn't expecting a strike from there.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Bandit12 wrote: »
    insane stuff. How much bad luck can one team make

Fixed yer post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

Hardly surprising, we had a warning a few minutes earlier when Chocho broke through and probably should of scored. The words scoring, brothel and not spring to mind for us in the first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

Game is just set for 2 late Gerrard winners tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭Glico Man

It was going good for around 20 mins but they threw away that lead. For a make-shift side, they're playing o.k but they can't defend, plain and simple.

And what makes it worse is that this is probably the defensive line-up for years to come after Carra hangs up the boots, unless Kelly comes into centre back slot eventually. Certainly is tall and strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,348 ✭✭✭Quandary

there isnt a hope Brum can hang on to that lead, id be shocked if pool lost this match

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,732 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Hilarious defending.

You know it's not going to be your night when a lad called Benitez scores.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭coco06

stupid shots going in from lucas, mascha lads that will never score.. rediculus.

nice hit tho. 4-2 to the pool in the end ;)

To get the crowd buzzing, they should call Birmingham "Barcelona" and throw in some Champions League symbols around the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Very strange game. Liverpool have been poor this season, but on occasion they have also been seriously unlucky and this is one of those occasions.

I thought they played really well in the first half, creating lots of opportunities and being generally positive. Then they concede a goal against the run of play but react well with lots of attacking play only to concede again from a wonder strike. I very rarely say this, but Reina possibly slightly at fault ? Shouldnt have been so far off his line, but it was a cracking shot.

Lucas playing v.well, lots of accurate forward passes. Johnson has also been spectacular. I'm really happy for N'gog too, who must have a very impressive goals to minutes ratio at this stage!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Not sure about the Liverpool bad luck. Benitez wasn't offside for that flick on at 0-0, plus he had another chance when he went clean through and the 1st goal was just awful defending. You get punished for defending like ****.

The 2nd goal was amazing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,852 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Reina at fault no?
    Possibly for both!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Can't believe that scoreline. Shocking.

You know, I couldn't give a **** to be honest. It's just the way of things at the moment. Dominate, can't make it go over the line, go behind to a once in a career type strike. Hilarious. The players and coach are doing fine, they're just suffering a ridiculous run of bad luck. It'll happen once every few years. Irritating, but nobodies fault to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Just going to get my Rosary beads, brb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Daysha wrote: »

Yup..One will be Olympiacos style id say

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm giggling at this point. I no longer care.
    Win loose draw its all a game, just a fantasy. Caught in a landslide no escape from reality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

7/5 for liverpool to win

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

I think Reina was at fault for both, 1st he should have at least tried to claim it, 2nd he was miles off his line.

The next 45 minutes will define our season.

Everything is going against us. Everything. We've had countless chances and have had nothing go our way, not a lucky bounce, not a deflection, nothing.

They have had 2 chances and taken them both.

But thats the way it's been in the last month, now it's up to us to change this.

Either we feel sorry for ourselves or we go out there and prove that we're a good team.

We have the best player in the league on the pitch now and we have Aquilani and Babel ready to get on. Time to man up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I would say if Liverpool don't concede again, I'd expect them to at least draw. Their attack was working well and was well balanced, although with Gerrard now that might shift. Have to see where he lines up.

Reina was not in the wrong for that goal.

If he was further back and the striker had broken through 1 on 1 and scored cos Reina was back near his line, people would have been asking why was Reina not further out so he could go out and quickly close down an oncoming player who's coming from such a long way out?

His positioning was fine, defenders should not be allowing players to pop off shots like that. Then again, it was probably a 1 in 1000 strike, thing of beauty, we have seen Gerrard do them for us over and over, so fair play to him.

• Advertisement

Strange that I think Lucas gets unfair stick while Riera, whom I think is terrible, is rarely slated. He's greedy on the ball and overall very shite.

mike65 wrote: »
    Win loose draw its all a game, just a fantasy. Caught in a landslide no escape from reality.
    Your losing the plot me thinks.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,680 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

mike65 wrote: »

Is this the real life?
    Is this just fantasy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Trilla wrote: »
    Possibly for both!?

Thats a bit harsh on him for the second, the ball was moving all over the shop. He could possibly have come for the first .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Usually i would be full of optimism but its set for Gerrard to do his groin again, Liverpool to concede two more and Rafa to quit/get the sack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

A controversial penalty decision in the 90th minute for the winner. Penalty won and scored by Stevie G :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Liverpool will surely still win this game they have been battering the Brum goal

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Just to even things up with the blather from yesterday, did no one else see the push from Benitez on Lucas just before the ball came to him? The view from behind the goals shows it clearly.

It is getting so beyond the ridiculous it's nearly hard not to laugh at this in general though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    You know, I couldn't give a **** to be honest. It's just the way of things at the moment. Dominate, can't make it go over the line, go behind to a once in a career type strike. Hilarious. The players and coach are doing fine, they're just suffering a ridiculous run of bad luck. It'll happen once every few years. Irritating, but nobodies fault to be honest.

I'm sorry but I'm calling shennignans on this badluck bs. We saw last season with the home games we drew where we couldn't score for **** without torres and the same is happening again this year, we can't claim it's "badluck" when everyone and their dog knew that our second choice strike force of Ngog, Babel and Vornin simply isn't good enough.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

That was an Insua/Erik Edman of a shot :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Bandit12 wrote: »
    The next 45 minutes will define our season.

Wasn't that particular schtick wielded at the Man Utd/Lyon/<insert other season defining moment before xmas match here>? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Jesus things are going horrible at the moment... please god for an early goal for the pool now

I am worried about having Gerrard on the pitch. Not only because there is a chance he could 'do a Riera' (and **ck himself up again, not play rubbish), but also because of the effect it might have on the other players. They were doing grand without him, and I wonder if rather than give them a boost, it will either demoralise them ("oh, look, we need Gerrard again, *sigh*"), or else make them sit back and wait for some Gerrard magic.

I would probably have brought Babel on and put him out left.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Mental stuff. We've been playing Birmingham off the pitch, running through their midfield and queuing up to take chances, but we can't just put it away. We're unlucky to be behind, but Birmingham can't hold out for another 45 minutes if they play like they did in the first half.

Impressed with N'gog so far. Great movement and reactions. Like night and day compared to Voronin midweek.

Feel sorry for Riera if his hamstring is gone again. He was looking quite lively on the left. That type of injury can ruin a winger, but hopefully he'll be back to his best soon.

Will we see Aquilani tonight?

I'm sorry but I'm calling shennignans on this badluck bs. We saw last season with the home games we drew where we couldn't score for **** without torres and the same is happening again this year, we can't claim it's "badluck" when everyone and their dog knew that our second choice strike force of Ngog, Babel and Vornin simply isn't good enough.

Ngog and Babel have scored in our last two games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

That was Reina's fault in my book too. There were players in between him and Jerome, no need to be that far off his line.

Come on lads, same (attitude) again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

spockety wrote: »
    I am worried about having Gerrard on the pitch. Not only because there is a chance he could 'do a Riera' (and **ck himself up again, not play rubbish), but also because of the effect it might have on the other players. They were doing grand without him, and I wonder if rather than give them a boost, it will either demoralise them ("oh, look, we need Gerrard again, *sigh*"), or else make them sit back and wait for some Gerrard magic.

I would probably have brought Babel on and put him out left.

How odd. If he's fit enough to come one then so be it.Surely the players would be happy to have one of their best players beside them? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Looking forward to epic comeback.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

noodler wrote: »
    That was Reina's fault in my book too. There were players in between him and Jerome, no need to be that far off his line.

Come on lads, same (attitude) again.

He was just inside the 6 yard line when the shot was hit. Don't be so ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

We give away far too many stupid free kicks in and around our own box. The one Lucas gave away for the goal was pure madness. I mean you know Birmingham are decent from set pieces but they are unlikely to break you down in other ways. Let them have the ball in those areas.

Opr

• Advertisement
Advertisement