Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses from Dublin to Cork

Options
  • 09-11-2009 1:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 37

Can anyone reccommend please a direct express bus from Dublin City to Cork city? Perhaps a private company?

Departing on saturdays and returning on sundays.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,982 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Aircoach sometimes have a direct link depending on the time of day and number of people.
    Bus Eireann sometimes do a direct too, but no matter what you get you'll still be sitting on a bus for 4.5 hours at best.
    Why not get the train, they have offers on so you can get it for as cheap as a tenner and it only takes 3 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Bus Eireann is on the "even" hour, Aircoach on the "odd" hour. It's a pretty miserable bus journey during heavy traffic though. Train offers of €10? Christ, how do you manage that? The full price is an outrageous rip-off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

^^^yeah it can be an annoying journey at peak times or in hot weather!,

if you book the train online fares start at €10,but it depends what time you are travelling,my dad got it for €20 leaving dublin at 1pm but if he went at 2 it would have been €10!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Look at the train timetables and check the price, can get good deals on them. Use them weekly. The Aircoach is probably the best bus to get, think its 15euro each way, and they make a stop half way

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Dan Dare

Or 22 Euros return.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

I know its really environmentally unfriendly, but I use Ryanair or Aer Arann as its cheaper than flying (caveat is that I work in airport so get free parking at work).

Advertisement