Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late payment from contract role meant mix up in jobseekers allowance

Options
  • 09-11-2009 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've just filled out a Tax Return for 2008 as I was a contractor in 2007 (and got paid in Jan 2008 hence why I've to fill out a tax return)

In 2007 I worked as a PAYE worker until March 2007.
    From March 2007 to November 2007 I worked as a contractor and got paid monthly.

The thing is there was a delay in my contract payments.
    I got my November pay in January 2008.

I started a new job in February 2008 ( I was not working from mid Nov 2007 to mid Feb 2008).

I got Jobseekers allowance for 5 weeks from January to mid February.

But now it looks like I got JA for the time I was working (Jan - Feb 2008)

Would this be a problem with revenue?

Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭jimoc

as far as I'm aware JA etc is calculated on the times you are working, not on the times you are getting paid to work, this is specifically to take care of situations like you describe.

Also on the forms it will ask you to fill in the times you were working, not the times that you got paid for that work.

to be on the safe side though I would give them a ring and explain the situation.

Advertisement