Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Invalid Password for Windows 7? HELP

• 09-11-2009 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi, Just got new Dell laptop with Windows 7. After setting up and running the updates it needed to shut down and restart. Since the restart I have been unable to log in as it keeps telling me that my password is invalid!
    Can anyone suggest any way I can bypass the password request? The password is correct but for some reason it will not let me in. I have tried cap locks and num lock.
    Any advise appreciated.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Farcear

<snip> No links to password crackers ! /CM

Makes you wonder what the use of passwords is!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/ Password reset disk

I have no problems with password reset tools that require physical access to the machine, as it means that encrypted files stay encrypted.

Because people may reuse passwords elsewhere cracking tools are a big no-no, especially since they aren't needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

Someone had a similar password problem recently & solved it by leaving out the last few digits when entering their password.

Have a look at this post.

Don't know if it will help but there's no harm in trying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭Big Lar

If tis a new machine why not stick in the windows disk and reinstall.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Have you tried logging on as Administrator and a blank password ?
    Big Lar wrote: »
    If tis a new machine why not stick in the windows disk and reinstall.
    if you upgrade the current install then it will keep the same passwords, pushing on the factory image might work, but a clean install might be a headache for drivers

• Advertisement
Advertisement