Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shoe Help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

Beautiful dress :D I love Lipsy, could you get your friend to exchange the size instead of getting it altered?

I think silver sandles and accessories would be lovely with the dress, nice and sparkly which is all in at the minute. Or you could always choose a colour which is on the jewels in the dress.

Have a fab time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

aw thanks! I was thinking silver as well (birthday is few days after xmas) but just wanted to see if anyone had more unusual ideas! getting a smaller size is no good, it fits perfect on hips/waist. I am wider on the bottom and have small chest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

My friend got it in black on friday for a 21st on saturday and it looked reaaaallly gorgeous!

Black obv goes with every kind of shoe so I see your dilemma... Although I think getting a nice black peep toe could work with it?
    Maybe silver sandles? Depends on what you want to wear the dress for I suppose. Wearing sandles at Christmas can be a bit daunting considering the weather... You could always go waaay off the mark and wear bright pink or something. Try Schuh for nice different shoes. Your bound to find somthing in there that will go with it. Try their website first: http://www.schuh.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Get a push up bra and stuuuuuuff it.

Look at the colours on the gems and try and tie it in with that, maybe a dark purple, or a silver would go.

dior-purple-platform-pump.jpg

vivvaa_purple-suede_zoom-300x300.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Nickibaby*

It's good to be prepared early! I always leave things till last minute!

La Senza do great gel strapless bras you should get one and try the dress on with it, if you need it altered then i'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.

Newbridge Silverware are doing great deals on big sparkly necklaces and braclets at the moment in colours of jewels that are on your dress. I'd stick with silver heels though if it was me. The dress kinda speaks for itself, too many different colours can start to too a bit tacky I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Don't go for sandals with the dress. Given that it's short and strapless, I think more closed-in shoes will work best. Platform peeptoes will look great with it. Colour is hard though - black won't look right, silver could be too bright, but a burnished silver or dark purple could work well.

A few extra tucks sewn into the corset should take in the slack without having to go at the boning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭what2do

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭Jwacqui

Them shoes are fab!! I want!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

what2do wrote: »

Oh wow they are fantastic I want them. £90 though very steep. Are they not purple and silver? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I actually think the purple would be far nicer than the black. I always think theres something of a cop out to put black shoes with an outfit that has so much colour in it. Match it up with one of them at least!

• Advertisement
Advertisement