Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Key required for metered mains water

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Hi,

I need to shut off the mains supply at the on-street stopcock - I cannot locate an internal stopcock. The house has had a water meter installed by Veolia. When you lift the lid on the street the meter is visible and beside this is a large white plastic fitting with what looks like a tap on the top.

The fitting/tap are about 1 to 1.5 metres below street level so I am not able to reach it by hand. Any idea on the type of key I need to turn this tap?

Thanks,

EE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Provided its standard as in veola have not a special key you just need a standard water main key. Not to sure where you live but I live in duleek you can have a lend of mine if you want. They cost about 10 euro

Advertisement