Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turnaround from Grant Letter to Licence receipt

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Just stuck my grant letter in the post off to Kilrush there. Says to expect a 7-day turnaround. Is this accurate? And what do the new licences look like??!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

bigred wrote: »
    Just stuck my grant letter in the post off to Kilrush there. Says to expect a 7-day turnaround. Is this accurate? And what do the new licences look like??!?

2 working days for mine to come back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

mine was bang on 7 days....
    the licences are credit card size and come with a plastic cover like what you getwith your drivers licence..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Check out Rovi's thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭bigred

rrpc wrote: »
    Check out Rovi's thread here

Cheers RRPC, sorry Rovi! There's so much sh1te on here lately (again), I've half given up on the place.
    So, a quick one regarding the grant letter... if I want to go shoot in UCD on Saturday, am I treading shaky ground with an expired extension and nothing but a copy of my Grant notice letter?!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Cheers RRPC, sorry Rovi! There's so much sh1te on here lately (again), I've half given up on the place.
    So, a quick one regarding the grant letter... if I want to go shoot in UCD on Saturday, am I treading shaky ground with an expired extension and nothing but a copy of my Grant notice letter?!?

You have a licence now, the same as you had one on the 1st August last year except you hadn't collected it/hadn't arrived at Garda Station etc.

Did you get all panicky last 1st August? ;)

If you really, really want to be safe, get your Super to issue a 2(3)(a) permit for you for a week.

Though he'll probably tell you to p1ss off and stop annoying him :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement