Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Pudding

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭

Hi, am looking for a receipe for christmas pudding - never made one before so nothing too complicated.

Also, how long before christmas do I need to make it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

Hiya. I have made this Delia one many times and it is foolproof and delicious. Quite rich. I do increase the booze - the mixture needs to be quite sloopy and I always find it needs more booze.

You can make it now - be warned - unless you have a pressure cooker steaming takes ages. In the UK they have 'stirabout Sunday' which this year is 22nd November and that's when in the UK they say you need to make it...however I have made it the week before Xmas in the past and it's been fine.

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/cuisine/european/english/christmas-easy-
    the-delia-christmas-pudding.html

Good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Ellechim

I should say I never bother with the barley wine in this recipe, I just use guinness instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭spaceylou

thanks for that and the extra tips :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Say, hypothetically I was to make this at the weekend or something, would it be OK on christmas day? My aunt used to make puddings for us but she passed away earlier this year and we never got her recipe :(

Advertisement