Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre arrest.

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭

Working in Dublin city centre, overlooking the beautiful River Liffey.

Just saw two guards arrest two fellas who were doing the old wash the windscreen at the lights trick. All well and good, but about 20ft away, are a gang of junkies, drinking to their heart's content with no fear of attention from our sacred force.

Add to that, the gardai have just thrown everything belonging to the lads into the Liffey. Would that not be considered pollution ?

F*cking joke it is.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

City, Liffey moved to Dublin Forum.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Tis a bit of a joke alright, they should have thrown the 2 lads in aswel.. one crept up on me on the Quays last week and before I could even have a chance to run him he had half a bottle of sh1te all over my windscreen and it wasn't even properly diluted, it was practically all washing up liquid, big horrible smear marks all over my windscreen and I'd no water in the washer to get it off :mad: plus I could smell Fairy Liquid all the way home..

OT though, yeah it's gas the way the junkies seem to have carte blanche in the city centre.. you can deal drugs openly and walk around off your rocker, with your baby/small kids in tow and nothing is done but let your car tax go a couple of weeks out of date and they're all over you :rolleyes: sad really..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody else enjoying the antics of the group of junkies/alcos beside the newspaper stand on O'connel st?
    They're there every day from 9 am onwards and in the past few weeks they've been stabbing,bottling and punching the shiit out of each other in broad daylight in front of tourists,commuters and children and i've never seen the guards do anything about them.
    Its a fcucking disgrace.

Degsy wrote: »
    Anybody else enjoying the antics of the group of junkies/alcos beside the newspaper stand on O'connel st?
    They're there every day from 9 am onwards and in the past few weeks they've been stabbing,bottling and punching the shiit out of each other in broad daylight in front of tourists,commuters and children and i've never seen the guards do anything about them.
    Its a fcucking disgrace.

Pretty amusing stuff alright, you'll usually find a couple of satellite groups and one diplomat hovering between the groups mediating :D makes traffic jams that little bit more bearable..

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭mikekerry

its a disgrace.
    how does the guy who runs the newspaper stand put up with them.
    they're day all day every day.
    i've never been to a city centre where the place is crawling with junkies from early morning.
    and the cops do NOTHING.
    what must tourists think.

• Advertisement

there's a nice little market going on in marlboro st too,up to 20 people buying and selling drugs just beside Barney's amusements,i was heading into work at 8.45 one morning when the cry went up "Anybody lookin fer Phy" and within seconds this bloke had a crowd of eager punters clamouring around him.
    I have NEVER seen a guard there,or on the boardwalk or at that newspaper stand and its not like these dirtbags are keeping a low profile either.

I actually saw an encounter last week on the Boardwalk, a Garda and a Bean Garda over talking to a group of junkies/alcos and to my bemusement they were all having a great laugh, at one point one of the sewer rats actually held his hand out to the Bean Garda and she shook it :eek: well scrubbed afterwards no doubt but there they were, great pals :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭InReality

What's "Phy" ?

InReality wrote: »
    What's "Phy" ?

Similar to Methodone, supposed to help ween them off heroin :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

What's "Phy" ?

Leaving Cert Physics papers ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

What's "Phy" ?

Physeptone.

Always used to think there were saying FOY when I was younger. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

stovelid wrote: »
    Physeptone.

Always used to think there were saying FOY when I was younger. :)

Same here, thought it was FOY till I read this thread!!!

There's a thriving market in "yellows" too from what i've heard secretly roared across the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

Has anyone seen the Spar on Talbot St. Right at the corner

I can guarantee there is at least one junkie standing outside shouting etc at any given time of the day

Not like the Garda don't know exactly where they hang out/frequent.
    Don't get me wrong I don't think every bloke or lady thats down on their luck should be thrown in jail but some people just shouldn't be allowed to roam the streets

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

Working in Dublin city centre, overlooking the beautiful River Liffey.

Just saw two guards arrest two fellas who were doing the old wash the windscreen at the lights trick. All well and good, but about 20ft away, are a gang of junkies, drinking to their heart's content with no fear of attention from our sacred force.

Add to that, the gardai have just thrown everything belonging to the lads into the Liffey. Would that not be considered pollution ?

F*cking joke it is.

throwing away "evidence" .... ha ha

Sounds more like a mafia shakedown (in the movies) .... gangsters(Gardai) come up to the guys ...take their tools throw them into the river and walk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

+1 to the should have fcuked them into the river. Closely followed by the junkies. They could then have fought and clambered all over each other to try in vain to get out. This could have been recorded and sold on the internet for €9.95 a copy...solution to the recession right there boys

And of course there's teh obligatory Roma beggers every twenty yards or so.
    I was in Jimmy chungs the other day when a gang of them came in all dressed up in thier finery,had their meal and paid for it with a 500 euro note..begging pays and only fools and horses work it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,434 ✭✭✭DigiGal

xzanti wrote: »
    Tis a bit of a joke alright, they should have thrown the 2 lads in aswel.. one crept up on me on the Quays last week and before I could even have a chance to run him he had half a bottle of sh1te all over my windscreen and it wasn't even properly diluted, it was practically all washing up liquid, big horrible smear marks all over my windscreen and I'd no water in the washer to get it off :mad: plus I could smell Fairy Liquid all the way home..

OT though, yeah it's gas the way the junkies seem to have carte blanche in the city centre.. you can deal drugs openly and walk around off your rocker, with your baby/small kids in tow and nothing is done but let your car tax go a couple of weeks out of date and they're all over you :rolleyes: sad really..
    Ah jaysus its a poxy job though, Imagine how much they are struggling if they have to do that all day while your in your nice lovely car

Poor bastards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

there's a nice little market going on in marlboro st too,up to 20 people buying and selling drugs just beside Barney's amusements,i was heading into work at 8.45 one morning when the cry went up "Anybody lookin fer Phy" and within seconds this bloke had a crowd of eager punters clamouring around him.
    I have NEVER seen a guard there,or on the boardwalk or at that newspaper stand and its not like these dirtbags are keeping a low profile either.

How many times have you called them?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

please dont let this thread get into a gardai cant do their job unless we tell them where the crimes are happening sort of thing.

I'm sure everyone is aware that the gardai are not capable of dealing with the amount of scum on the streets today - so they dont give "priority" to some misdemeanor when they know the culprits will be back on the streets within an hour or two of being brought into the station and charged.

I've pointed out several crimes happening to Gardai and they shrug their shoulders and tell me theres no point in wasting time - as they'll be back out on the streets in no time (of course all paid for by my taxes)

in short the Gardai cant/wont deal with some small crimes - its because they have the choice of which laws to enforce when it suits them - they are under sourced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Davabo

I love watching hobo fights, Winner wins a new pair of shoes

PCPhoto wrote: »
    please dont let this thread get into a gardai cant do their job unless we tell them where the crimes are happening sort of thing.

I'm sure everyone is aware that the gardai are not capable of dealing with the amount of scum on the streets today - so they dont give "priority" to some misdemeanor when they know the culprits will be back on the streets within an hour or two of being brought into the station and charged.

I've pointed out several crimes happening to Gardai and they shrug their shoulders and tell me theres no point in wasting time - as they'll be back out on the streets in no time (of course all paid for by my taxes)

in short the Gardai cant/wont deal with some small crimes - its because they have the choice of which laws to enforce when it suits them - they are under sourced.

If enough people complain to them/the local TD and councillor in the area they'll do something about it. Problem is people just spend there time whinging on an internet forum which doesn't really do anyone any good.

Well i told two of them there was a woman getting the shiit kicked out of her at the newstand and they ambled on thier way..the same little group were there again the following day...this stfuf is happening in public,in the middle of the day,the guards MUST be getting reports about it,there's thousands of people walking by every hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭RMD

Well i told two of them there was a woman getting the shiit kicked out of her at the newstand and they ambled on thier way..the same little group were there again the following day...this stfuf is happening in public,in the middle of the day,the guards MUST be getting reports about it,there's thousands of people walking by every hour.

Not to mention both there and the Spar Talbot street spot are in view of CCTV cameras. Walk the length of Marlborough street twice a day for the last 5 years, all I've seen so far was the Garda arresting 4-5 junkies out of their head trying to deal.

We all know what goes on that lane, sure it's only a 2 minute walk from Store street, simple fact is Gardai either don't care, are understaffed or don't have the balls for it. Would be pretty easy to send 20 of them down and do random searches under the Misuse of Drugs act, need to move these people on as they only get in the way and piss people off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 410 ✭✭johnathan woss

What is going on in the city centre lads ?

In the last year it seems that the amount of obvious junkies around has exploded .... am i just imagining this ?

The liffey boardwalk was a great idea but the junkies and alcos have completely taken it over.

Only today i saw two junkies blatantly heating up some substance with a lighter (could have been anything!) on the boardwalk beside the Ha'penny Bridge, in full view of hundreds of people.

Yet if someone is caught with a joint they can be hauled in front of a court and given a criminal record.
    It's crazy.

ambled on their way over or walked off somewhere else? If they walked off somewhere else you should of taken their badge numbrs and reported them to there sergant. Thousands of people walk but we've seen from this thread people don't bother reporting it. If everyone rang store street section and asked to speak to the sergangt on duty to complain about it he wouldn't be long sending down a few uniforms to clear the people off just so he can have 10 minutes peace and quiet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

If enough people complain to them/the local TD and councillor in the area they'll do something about it. Problem is people just spend there time whinging on an internet forum which doesn't really do anyone any good.

Oh please take your head out of the sand and wake up! The Gardai do NOTHING about these people for the reasons mentioned in this thread. My parents live on a road that is plagued by scumbags and the amount of times they've called the Gardai and given the NAMES AND ADDRESSES of the people involved in the things that go on around the area and had nothing done about it is getting into the hundreds now.

The people on the road have even lobbied Fingal County Council about it and still nothing has been done. Local TD's have also been called. Scumbags have free reign in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

I was in Jimmy chungs the other day when a gang of them came in all dressed up in thier finery,had their meal and paid for it with a 500 euro note..begging pays and only fools and horses work it seems.

You genuinely saw a five-hundred euro note?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meeja Ireland

.this stfuf is happening in public,in the middle of the day,the guards MUST be getting reports about it,there's thousands of people walking by every hour.

Kitty Genovese, tbh. The more people think someone else is reporting it, the less likely they are to report it themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

That's a pretty generous donation to the hat. I limit myself to 100 euro notes for beggers - anything bigger just looks too flamboyant.

But I expect its more likely they took the day's takings of coins into the bank and exchanged them for a crisp 500 note? "How would you like that" etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement