Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Definitive Ultimate 'Modern Warfare 2' Pricing Thread!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Got a Shipping notice from amazon today. Says shipping method An Post so *hopefully* this means they have shipped it from Dublin not the UK. Which should mean Thursday or possibly tomorrow (but Im doubtful)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Redisle wrote: »
    Got a Shipping notice from amazon today. Says shipping method An Post so *hopefully* this means they have shipped it from Dublin not the UK. Which should mean Thursday or possibly tomorrow (but Im doubtful)
    They sent me a game last Thursday and it arrived today, using An Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

I'm still waiting for my amazon order aswell ,posted on sunday evening.
    Usually I would have got it today ,but the strikes must be slowing things down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Smyths have a half price PS3 esential kit (15 euro) when you buy MW2 for 45. Kit includes the Triggers a HDMI Cable and wireless headset. Think you can get 3 months free live subscription with the 360 version.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Still waiting for my Coolshop order.

Ordered Nov 4th with express shipping.

Tracking number not provided initially, on contacting customer services the tracking number they then gave was not found on the couriers site.

Contacted customer service again. Order was shipped last night. No apology, No communication. Way to go Coolshop, thanks for the outstanding and exemplary customer service :rolleyes:

Muppets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Anyone know how much it is in HN now that the 37.77 offer is finished?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Antigone05

€56 is the price for all new titles. (apart from special deals like the other day)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Could ppl mention what format their copy is: ie Xbox, pc or PS3??

Tesco only have console versions. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Nehaxak wrote: »
    Another one to add, g2play.net selling steam keys for this for PC version (digital download) for 30 euro - which is half the price Steam are actually charging for it...

EDIT: Linky -- http://www.g2play.net/store/Call-of-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare-UNCUT-VERSION2-Steam-Key.html

Damn wish i saw that yesterday :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Antigone05 wrote: »
    €56 is the price for all new titles. (apart from special deals like the other day)

The label on my HN copy was €64.99........bold as brass on the outer cellophane wrapping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

Horgan wrote: »
    Is there a collectors edition?
    This is the top Collector's edition. It comes with working NVGs and I got it. NVGs are class and so is game. Finished it bout an hour ago!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Dont Steam normally ban all copies bought like this.,¿
    Nehaxak wrote: »
    Another one to add, g2play.net selling steam keys for this for PC version (digital download) for 30 euro - which is half the price Steam are actually charging for it...

EDIT: Linky -- http://www.g2play.net/store/Call-of-Duty-4-Modern-Warfare-UNCUT-VERSION2-Steam-Key.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Samsung

cdb wrote: »

Tracking number not provided initially, on contacting customer services the tracking number they then gave was not found on the couriers site.

Contacted customer service again. Order was shipped last night. No apology, No communication. Way to go Coolshop, thanks for the outstanding and exemplary customer service :rolleyes:

Muppets.

Yep, same here.. I only ordered mine the other day through their express post.. No sign of it today. No tracking number ETC.. Wont buy from them again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

i rang harvey norman in little island today to query if they had any ps3 waw2 copies left

i asked was the price 37e, and i was told no, that was yesterday only and its now priced on 59euro?

is this correct? was it for 1 day only or what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

BArra wrote: »
    i rang harvey norman in little island today to query if they had any ps3 waw2 copies left
    Problem already-Its MW2
    i asked was the price 37e, and i was told no, that was yesterday only and its now priced on 59euro?

is this correct? was it for 1 day only or what?
    Ya, it was introductory offer only. This is said in a number of forums relating to MW2 prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

sorry that was a typo on waw2 :rolleyes:

meant mw2

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

Muppets.

Balls...I ordered mine from them yesterday with express delivery.. i hope i dont have the same trouble :(

EDIT: For people that ordered from CoolShop.co.uk with express delivery, you can check your tracking code HERE. Put your code in "By Consignment Number:" on the bottom of page.

Mine has moved from "Croydon" to "Preston" today. Hope it moves quicker to Ireland. The only strange thing is the status says delivered :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Tesco in Ennis, they only had 2 ps3 copies left (and I got one of them) so safe to assume they are all out, but they still have 20+ x360 copies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭donmeister

Smyths have a half price PS3 esential kit (15 euro) when you buy MW2 for 45. Kit includes the Triggers a HDMI Cable and wireless headset. Think you can get 3 months free live subscription with the 360 version.

You sure about this yes? If so its a great deal, and I'll go in to get it tomorrow!

I was in Smyths on tuesday and didn't see anything about free XBL or ps3 essential kit. But I could be wrong or mightn't have noticed a poster in the shop. Best bet is to give them a ring and find out.

Got a copy in Tesco in Nutgrove today for 45. The had plenty of copies for both 360 and PS3 there today at 12.30. Also checked HN's across the road. They had no copies nor any evidence that they had it (eg, no posters or anything)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Dont Steam normally ban all copies bought like this.,¿

Absolutely not, they can do absolutely nothing about people buying steam keys elsewhere for games for cheaper in other juristictions or a little over wholesale prices.

j_lennon18 wrote: »
    Balls...I ordered mine from them yesterday with express delivery.. i hope i dont have the same trouble :(

EDIT: For people that ordered from CoolShop.co.uk with express delivery, you can check your tracking code HERE. Put your code in "By Consignment Number:" on the bottom of page.

Mine has moved from "Croydon" to "Preston" today. Hope it moves quicker to Ireland. The only strange thing is the status says delivered :confused:

If you can see the shipping status then you should be fine. In my case there was no record of it on the system, the game did not leave the warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

32stg in ASDA Enniskillen for XBox and PS3 got it yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

cud i trade in sf4 and far cry 2 for this and get money off or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

Tesco now looking for €64.99!!! Said the offer was for 2 days only!

Wicklow branch. (worst Tesco branch in the country BTW!)

If you can see the shipping status then you should be fine. In my case there was no record of it on the system, the game did not leave the warehouse.
    j_lennon18 wrote: »

Where can i find the Consignment Number?

Samsung wrote: »
    Where can i find the Consignment Number?

Assuming that you selected Express shipping and they used UK Mail, it should be a 14-digit code visible on the order summary page that looks something like this: [font=&quot]30357770000nnn[/font]

If there is no tracking ref you will have to contact coolshops customer services giving them the order #
    and they will provide it. Easiest way seems to be via the chat helpline.

Ask them to keep the window open while you check its a valid tracking reference. Good luck with it...

Thanks cdb, i will look into that now.

Steve: Hi and welcome to Coolshop.
    Steve: How may I help you today?
    Me: hey steve
    Steve: hey
    Me: i need the consingment number for my order
    Me: i cant find it on the invoice
    Steve: sure can i take the order number please
    Me: i got MW2 sent by express mail
    Me: yea hold on
    Me: xxxxxxxx
    Steve: ah yes there was a problem with Ukmail - they could not recognise your address
    Steve: we tried to send this but it got lost in the system
    Me: FOR REAL?
    Me: wtf
    Me: my address is my home address?
    Steve: yes I know, I'm sorry
    Me: whats wrong with it
    Steve: its not your address - I think its their system!
    Me: so what happens now
    Steve: i can arrange for this to be sent via Citylink
    Steve: tomorrow
    Me: and why could your company not send me a mail to tell me?
    Me: and when will iet reach me?
    Me: this is unreal
    Steve: it will be with you 1-2 days
    Me: i cant belive i had to contact you for you to figure this out
    Me and when i say you i mean your company
    Me: not you
    Me: bit of a joke to be honest
    Me: hello?
    Me: wtf man ?
    Steve: i'm sorry about this
    Steve: we will get this to you as quickly as possible
    Me: nah its ok
    Me: just refund my money
    Steve: ok

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I'm pretty sure that coolshop.co.uk express delivery is meant for UK only.

I ordered mine without express delivery on Wednesday the 4th and received it on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Samsung wrote: »
    Steve: Hi and welcome to Coolshop.
    Steve: How may I help you today?
    Me: hey steve
    Steve: hey
    Me: i need the consingment number for my order
    Me: i cant find it on the invoice
    Steve: sure can i take the order number please
    Me: i got MW2 sent by express mail
    Me: yea hold on
    Me: xxxxxxxx
    Steve: ah yes there was a problem with Ukmail - they could not recognise your address
    Steve: we tried to send this but it got lost in the system
    Me: FOR REAL?
    Me: wtf
    Me: my address is my home address?
    Steve: yes I know, I'm sorry
    Me: whats wrong with it
    Steve: its not your address - I think its their system!
    Me: so what happens now
    Steve: i can arrange for this to be sent via Citylink
    Steve: tomorrow
    Me: and why could your company not send me a mail to tell me?
    Me: and when will iet reach me?
    Me: this is unreal
    Steve: it will be with you 1-2 days
    Me: i cant belive i had to contact you for you to figure this out
    Me and when i say you i mean your company
    Me: not you
    Me: bit of a joke to be honest
    Me: hello?
    Me: wtf man ?
    Steve: i'm sorry about this
    Steve: we will get this to you as quickly as possible
    Me: nah its ok
    Me: just refund my money
    Steve: ok

I hope you didn't really curse at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

I'm pretty sure that coolshop.co.uk express delivery is meant for UK only.

I ordered mine without express delivery on Wednesday the 4th and received it on Monday.

nope. bought mine tuesday with express delivery and it arrived this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

nope. bought mine tuesday with express delivery and it arrived this morning

I stand corrected. I think I read it another thread though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone know if theres any stock in Tesco Nutgrove/Dundrum today? Trying to contact them by phone is useless! Are they charging €64.99 or still the €45 does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭kendragon

Stole this from IGN

Activision has revealed its own internal sales estimate numbers for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

In the first 24 hours, the title has sold approximately 4.7 million copies in North America and the United Kingdom, and generated $310 million in sales, making it the biggest launch in the history of all forms of entertainment.

Incredible stuff... but It is an incredible game

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭SeanyMc22

kendragon wrote: »
    Stole this from IGN

Activision has revealed its own internal sales estimate numbers for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

In the first 24 hours, the title has sold approximately 4.7 million copies in North America and the United Kingdom, and generated $310 million in sales, making it the biggest launch in the history of all forms of entertainment.

Incredible stuff... but It is an incredible game

And every store seemed to have more than enough copies available..no having to wait because of selling out..very well handled launch day all round has to be said

I stand corrected. I think I read it another thread though.

to be fair, considering they're the cheapest and the number of orders they must have received, it's no big surprise a few are going astray. glad mine didn't though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Anyone know if theres any stock in Tesco Nutgrove/Dundrum today? Trying to contact them by phone is useless! Are they charging €64.99 or still the €45 does anyone know?

Tesco in Rathmines had loads of them half an hour ago, both formats, at 44.99. On a stand as you go in beside the fruit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Alkers

Read the above post at about 19.30 and headed straight to Tesco Rathmines. They have a good few left but the 360 versions are up to €64.99, PS3 still €44.
    99. Ended up getting it in SMYTHS on Mary St. for €44.99 despite it being €64.99 on smyths.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

Simona1986 wrote: »
    Read the above post at about 19.30 and headed straight to Tesco Rathmines. They have a good few left but the 360 versions are up to €64.99, PS3 still €44.
    99. Ended up getting it in SMYTHS on Mary St. for €44.99 despite it being €64.99 on smyths.ie

i got it in smyths in carrickmines 44.99. delighted to get it for that, seen it in heatons for 60!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Both games are still €45 in Tesco, they went up to €65 this morning for some reason and then went back down.

just a quick word of warning. if you are a PC user with an ATI X1000 series card, don't bother getting this game for the moment as there are big compatibility problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Amazon are offering it for £32 which works out at around €36. Am I missing something here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Sleipnir wrote: »
    Amazon are offering it for £32 which works out at around €36. Am I missing something here?

No, it's us that was missing something, patience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,513 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Oh. I'll wait another fortnight so!

to be fair, considering they're the cheapest and the number of orders they must have received, it's no big surprise a few are going astray. glad mine didn't though:D
    Yeah, once you're ok thats the main thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

Just got my pre-order from amazon this morning. I have 3 assignments due for monday...so sadly I wont be able to play it much..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

sternn wrote: »
    Just got my pre-order from amazon this morning. I have 3 assignments due for monday...so sadly I wont be able to play it much..

Seem's a bit late for a pre-order.

i know what you mean though, i bought mine didn't get to play it for a day or so was burning holes in my mind wanting to give it a go! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭Clanket

Sleipnir wrote: »

Went and ordered it from Amazon thinking it was £32. However, they add VAT at the very end which brings it up to £39 (€44). This is the same price as Tesco are selling for so went and cancelled the order

Advertisement