Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reliability and repeatability using ANOVA

Options
  • 09-11-2009 3:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Hi there, I thought mathematics might be a good spot to start with this query though please feel free to move if inappropriate.
    I have never been good at grasping the intricacies of statistics and now faced with a work problem I could do with some advice.
    I need to conduct a reliability and repeatability analysis on a piece of test equipment. This item gives pass/fail results and is used by a number of operators.
    Do I get each operator to test the same 10 (20 or 30?) items and award 1 for a pass and 2 for a fail and put the results into an ANOVA calculator? Is ANOVA appropriate for this?
    Please understand my extreme slowness when it comes to Statistics

thanks
    pab

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Think this would be better suited in the researcher forum but I'll leave it for a while. PM if/when you want it moved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,845 ✭✭✭2Scoops

You will need a non-parametric approach for this problem, so ANOVA isn't that suitable. I think chi-square might be a good start.

Advertisement